CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CoinOPS reignite R8 Standalone RELEASED

added this over the top of a full R6 build and its all go :)

Added Screen On its Side 90 and 270....

added Sort by name list starts with arcades...then consoles...then handheld...this can be flattened by selecting the option to Sort by Name Systems Merged

Fixed 10x11 HD crash

Fixed screen on side bugs in HD

Slightly tweaked some default settings to remove some ghosting

added MDRIVE_UwolQuest = Uwol Quest

Hello,

No, they are global. It works great. We are still ironing out all the details and whatnot. People are going to love this. :)

Are these screen settings saved per game?

Global settings are no match for per game settings. For example, let's say you have a game that has part of it's score cut off at the top with 2x overscan enabled. In Xport's emulators this issue happens often, but his GUI allows you to center the screen so you can see the full score.

In the SNES Dragon Quest games, pixel perfect 2x will cutoff the top part of the the pop up menu. With Xport's per game settings, this problem is solved without affecting other games. In Zsnexbox, you only have global settings, so when you adjust the screen for Dragon Quest you just adjusted the screen for EVERY other game. So to play another game, you need to re-center the screen. To play Dragon Quest after that you need to repeat the process all over again.

For maximum customization, per game settings are necessary. The only question is whether or not Brit is willing to add this feature. Brit's on the cusp of becoming the *first* on the scene to reach Xport quality imo, so I can't see him ignoring this feature for too much longer. You guys just need to let him know.

For maximum customization, per game settings are necessary. The only question is whether or not Brit is willing to add this feature. Brit's on the cusp of becoming the *first* on the scene to reach Xport quality imo, so I can't see him ignoring this feature for too much longer. You guys just need to let him know.

Well,

I used to think exactly the same. I used to pester BP to have custom settings per game.

I used to lose nights of sleep hacking CoinOPS in several different installations just to

have the games running under pixel perfect settings.

I am the most lunatic pixel perfect and correct aspect ratio lover on face of the earth,

and I assure you, my friend. CoinOPS is right on the spot now. I tested arcade game

by arcade game, title by title, and all the time when the overscan happens, it is fully

acceptable. Nothing really critical is lost on the image cropping...

...OF COURSE, TALKING ABOUT ARCADE GAMES.

I see you point when you mention that Dragon Quest games have been badly affected

by the overscan, and I understand this is a really awful situation, since Dragon Quest

series is one of my favorite of all time... but then I suggest - keep playing classic

console games on the Xport emulators. I do that myself, I don't like to mix things

much. For me CoinOPS will ever be a ARCADE EMULATOR... My mind can't deal

with the idea of opening a MAME emu to play Yo Noid!

=D

Hope you get my point, its just how I feel about it.

CoinOPS became a piece of art, a superb marvelous jewel.

The best of all time!

Cheers, brother!

Let's play DQ3 translated to English on Xport's.

Ha ha!

Regards,

Cospefogo.