CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

its on the 2 do list....ki which I cant compile the sources...if I could it would be added that weekend(KIxxx) and midway core is easy enough(I havent research the speed of the diff cores and what is best...really I want narc..nba jams...mk1 and 2 anything else is a bonus...those others are esentual....both are coded to be able to be launched in CoinOPS now I just need to do the cores...midway has no hd so I might port that also

get KIxxx compiling and ill add it :D you could also help with dk2 hehehehehe and add it or that will take a few hours as well...I know you could help with both :)

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D ive seen madmab stuff and I can say you should stick to that....i cant do anything like that

In which respect ? Do you mean for console roms ? Do you mean presentation ?

I will be honest here, ive been waiting nearly a year now for you to impliment this "xbmc" style GUI.

If find this exciting as it opens opportunities for some neat ideas especially the way we view our roms and media.

I also like the way you have hidden important settings from non experienced users, this makes a lot of sense and avoids kids or inexperienced users borking things up.

If i could make a suggestion it would be to "password protect" settings or impliment "profiles".

Profiles could include "kids", "my profile" or "Admin" etc and have to be logged on to with a password.

With each profile allowing a limited or full access to options.

I know you have "Advanced" settings but this can be accessed by anyone if they venture into the options/settings menu.

Discuss !

I think that a simple switch on the .INI files is enough

to separate the experienced people from the amateur ones.

To separate the children from the adult.

To separate the super player from the occasional player.

In the MAMEOX.INI

SHOW_ADVANCED_OPTIONS_SWITCH = 1

Then we have the ADVANCED OPTIONS ON/OFF option inside CoinOPS, like it is today.

SHOW_ADVANCED_OPTIONS_SWITCH = 0

Simply the ADVANCED OPTIONS ON/OFF inside CoinOPS menu goes completely

away, disappears. Gone for good!

This is nice to prevent *any* human being to mess with the super sharp

configurations made by the emulator owner.

=D

Cospefogo.

added ini settings

LockoutStartMenu=lock out the Start button from bring up the menu

LockoutAdvancedOptions=Lock out enabling of advanced mode

both cant be accessed by GUI but are there in the ini mainly for cab users

NOTE :: people can adjust the pixel perfect stuff cos with advanced gone :D as they have the basic options...but they cant do shit if you disable the stat menu not even adjust the screensize...they can only play games

NOTE :: people can adjust the pixel perfect stuff cos with advanced gone :D as they have the basic options...but they cant do shit if you disable the stat menu not even adjust the screensize...they can only play games

Opa!

No problem at all!!

It's nice to be able to lock things --- INI wise.

I see it more as a security feature.

Since it is on the INI, its focus are the experienced users.

And the experienced user, most of the time, know what they are dealing.

It's a good feature for people with CABS.

If I could have a CAB, It could be nice to set up all PIXEL PERFECT

and other stuff, and then... after everything getting neatly adjusted,

LOCK OUT the settings.

No neighbor player or friends devilish children could be able

to UNDO my settings anymore.

I think I will use it to protect even ME from MYSELF to

breaking things that are good.

Ha ha ha ha ha.

Thanks BP.

C.

Edited by Cospefogo

get KIxxx compiling and ill add it :D you could also help with dk2 hehehehehe and add it or that will take a few hours as well...I know you could help with both :)

It's not that I'd be unwilling to help but I don't have a development environment set up on my PC or Xbox anymore. I'm not sure about KI-XXX but I can tell you from personal experience that both lantus' and likklebaer's builds of KI compile with no problems.

ok adding another hidden option

StartMenuBootToXBMCShortcut=add the option the start menu to boot to XBMC shortcut xbe...what is the path and location people cant this.....E://Shortcut.xbe ?

Hmm...

This is delicate.

I think it depends on bios, am I wrong?

My EVOX bios uses C:/evoxdash.xbe

I have a custom shortcut renamed as EVOXDASH.XBE that

points to E:/APPS/XBMC/default.XBE

Most of the people out there keep their XBMC at E:/APPS/XBMC,

but this can't be guranteed at all.

With all respect to whom who asked for this feature,

maybe it is a bit hard to have it working 100% perfect.

Hope I am wrong!

C.

ummm you can generate a short cut :D using XBMC shortcut......as it wont want to boot to the location of the bios...that is set to CoinOPS for this so they want some way to boot XBMC...just running a shortcut would be fine..... ill point it to CoinOPS/XBMCshortcut.xbe and people will have to make it I think

ummm I cant get any version of KI sources to compile... :) id like to and ill add KI to coinops no issues at all

added

BootXBMCusingXBMCshortcutxbe=will add option to start menu to Launch XBMC...this will launch XBMCshortcut.xbe (this file must be created with xbmc shortcut maker and point to your XBMC xbe)

red wanted this....I guess ill have to document this stuff :D but the features in

log in cos for a test :) i need to know its working...also splash screen stuff maybe hard ill look at it sometime