What did you play most recently?

Gryph

Beaten? Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. I'd rate it at a nice 9.1, but as a handheld game... 9.8. It breaks all sorts of new graphical ground on handhelds.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave up on Circle of the Moon, I've beaten it in the past before anyway, and moved on to Harmony of Dissonance, which is better on many levels. I might play Aria of Sorrow again after that, which I can already tell you is amazing.

GTAIV. I'm alittle over 50 percent done with the story. there are some real cool missions around the midpoint.

Took a break from that and played alittle Ironman today. flying feels wonky, but it seems like a solid movie game.

Taking a break from the grinding in Ys.

Now playing Mario Tennis for the Game Boy Color. Awesome game, can't put it down. IMO one of the best Game Boy Color games ever made.

A quick tip. If you play this, before entering any rank match, finish the machine training. This will give you enough points to max out speed and power making the matches very easy.

Persona 3 FES.

I'd like someone here to 3 way Fuko, Mitsuru and Chihiro while still leveling. I dare someone to do that. Hard. Just. Hard.

Persona 3 FES.

I'd like someone here to 3 way Fuko, Mitsuru and Chihiro while still leveling. I dare someone to do that. Hard. Just. Hard.

*Gasp* Unpossible.

Persona 3 FES.

*Gasp* Unpossible.

Those games seem very strange and attractive at the same time to me. Although I want to start with Shin Megami Tensei. Which game should I start with?

Depends on how far back in the series' history you are willing to go, although there really no incentive to play the games in certain order, unless were talking about sequels and such.

Considering the numerous MegaTen games out there, you've got a bit to choose from, basically:

The originals, namely Digital Devil Monogatari: Megami Tensei I and II on the MSX and NES + the SNES and GBA remakes of those. Go with the SNES ones, unless you are really retro. I don't think there are fan translations for the GBA port.

Then there's the DemiKids version on the GBA, which take a more chibi, lighter note approach. IIRC, takes likeness to Pokemon than anything else, with SMT plastered all over it. It's not bad, despite being a "kiddy" SMT and all. Between those and the PS2 games, there's a whole bunch of games that never saw the light of day outside Japan. Except for SMT: Persona and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment on the PSX. For some flocked-up reason, the west never saw the sequel to Eternal Punishment (or was it a prequel; P2: Innocent Sin).

As far as the PS2 games go, Digital Devil Saga and it's direct sequel are worth playing. SMT Nocturne is sorta nice too, except that it's flocking hard and somewhat aggravating. There's the odd duckling, SMT: Devil Summoner - Kuzunoha Raidou Vs. the Soulless Army, which I guess is good. Haven't played it yet. Has a real-time battle system which is weird for an SMT game.

And here we are at Persona 3 and its upgrade, Persona 3: FES. Now if only Europeans would also get FES, if only for putting up with realease bullshit and with not getting any SMT games ever until Nocturne/Lucifer's Call.

Oh yeah, Persona 3 is a hybrid between a Shin Megami Tensei game and a relationship simulator. It kicks considerable amount of ass and has an equally good soundtrack although it's something people aren't used to hearing in a SMT/Persona game.