What did you play most recently?

Gryph

I got The World Ends with You yesterday, so I've been playing that. It has amazing art and sound, a great story backed up by really good gameplay, and then the controls overutilize the stylus. I hate the stylus. I'm putting up with it though, for this game. That's how good it is.

Coincidentally, the music reminded me of Persona 3, which is already on topic. I personally hated the SNES SMT. Felt like I was running into a wall for the couple hours I was attempting to play it. I hated Demikids, too. Not because it was childish, but because it seemed like the game had little to no depth. There was a lot of levelling done to perform a lot of fusion, which usually results in higher stats for a game that was already too easy to begin with.

Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga, however, are two of my favorite games (If you count both DDS' as one game). I haven't tried out FES yet, but Persona 3 was really good. The music is definitely top notch, I'm listening to it now. My suggestion on order would be Persona 3, Digital Devil Saga one and two, and then Nocturne. I haven't played Persona 2 yet, though I have played the first one, which was only mediocre, but if you find yourself really enjoying Persona, you might want to take a look at it.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

played a few rounds of MTGO v.3. meh I am a few expansions back now, and all my netdecks got wiped from the server so I have to totally rebuild and play catchup on cards. Momir basic is always fun though.

Well I started playing Shin Megami Tensei. I only played for about 30 minutes but I'm hooked. The ambient of the game is great for a Snes game. I like how you're in your house and the game music is all nice then you go out and everything is normal in the streets until a demon shows up. Great! I only have a pixie as an ally. Haven't done much yet. It's somewhat weird/scary and fun at the same time :blink: The only thing I disliked is that when you're at the cafe or mall you only see people when you bump into them. But overall it's a great game.

The Pixie is probably the mot common ally/enemy in any Shin Megami Tensei game, similar to, say, Slimes in Dragon Quest.

So! I love my pixie and she loves me! :blink:

Seriously she asked me that and I said yes I love you ;)

She has some really strong spells though. And it helps a beginner with attack and heal magic :D

Edited by Tynvar

One thing why I really like in SMT is the rather unorthodox way of naming spells. Dia, Agi, Zio, Mudo, Bufuraja, etc. It's awesome.P lus, talking to demons in order to recruit them is pretty fun, although notably Persona 3 and Digital Devil Saga ditched this feature.

btw, I did a review on Nocturne ages ago, so if you want to check it out, find it somewhere in the Reviews forum.

That's what I miss primarly in P3. I'd spend so much time chatting up monsters in P2 to get crap. What I do like is the date sim side of things with P3. Reminds me alot of Thousand Arms but more sophisticated in terms of Commu links (and if any of you remember, at all, that in Thousand Arms, the more a girl likes you, the more stronger the weapons you forge become).

I don't remember, but aren't Zio, Agi and etc are different terms for effects in various languages and cultures? Like how Persona games draw from the Tarot deck.

Now playing Mario Tennis for the Game Boy Color. Awesome game, can't put it down. IMO one of the best Game Boy Color games ever made.

That just reminded me about Mario Golf on the GBA. Easily my most played GBA game, and it was even better than Tennis too.

More GTA4. I just opened the third island yet I'm only at 29% completion? Not only that, the mission earns you $250,000. Considering the average before that is about $1000, I thought it was a tad unrealistic. Ah well. Third island looks the same as the second, as it did the first. Nothing new, just more streets to memorize :(

That's what I miss primarly in P3. I'd spend so much time chatting up monsters in P2 to get crap. What I do like is the date sim side of things with P3. Reminds me alot of Thousand Arms but more sophisticated in terms of Commu links (and if any of you remember, at all, that in Thousand Arms, the more a girl likes you, the more stronger the weapons you forge become).

I don't remember, but aren't Zio, Agi and etc are different terms for effects in various languages and cultures? Like how Persona games draw from the Tarot deck.

I can't find a guide on demon fusion. What demons should I be working on getting?