What did you play most recently?

Gryph

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ninja Gaiden II.

first 2 chapters have been fun but the chapter 2 end boss nearly broke my will to live. I don't even wanna think about whats coming.

Lego Indiana Jones on the PSP

It's more fun than the lego star wars games by far (Even though I hate collecting lego moneys all the time).

I am going through three PC games.

Near the end of Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines.

I must say I have enjoyed it up to now, but I am feeling abit bored by the final levels. It has degenerated into a simple "find this to open this" and then "find that to open that" type structure, which I'm finding is not only boring me but really insulting my intelligence as a modern day gamer.

Also, apart from a very hard boss (the Que Jinn lady), the game has become mind-numbingly easy, because you can sneak up to someone - but in broad daylight, right in front of them - and perform a backstab to dispatch your enemies. All your enemies. This takes away all the fun and suspense of achieving a stealthy kill, and makes the game too easy and a yawn fest. What a shame.

Going through Need for Speed: Most Wanted.

What a game! My favourite underground Need for Speed game and hell, my favourite Need for Speed game all up. The police pursuits are ridiculously unrealistic, but absurdly entertaining, and the game is so fast! When you get cars like the Lamborghini or the Corvette, the track and the city blur past, and you really have to hang on!

The soundtrack is awesome, with more rock/metal stuff then crappy hip hop, which suits me, and the decision to set the game during the daytime (as opposed to the eternal night setting of the two previous Underground games) means you can enjoy the really great, colourful yet grittily industrial and realistic graphics. What a hoot!

And finally, I am playing Dawn of War.

I generally hate RTS games because I suck at them, but Dawn of War is really sucking me in. The reason? It is more focussed on action and battle strategy rather then mining resources and building 20+ buildings, and I love that. The resources flow in quite easily, letting you focus on skirmish tactics rather then money management.

I love how you pump out troops in groups (or squads), rather then produce one soldier at a time, ready to be slaughtered. I also love how you can instantly reinforce your squad, as well as the grisly and ultra violent gothic science fiction setting. And the intro is so cool!