Best Fighting Game Company

Ryuken

Which company makes the best fighting games  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sega for VF 4 Evo. It’s the highest quality fighting game available right now. It is also the best fighting game ever made.

Oh and lets not forget about the wildly underrated Fighting Vipers games. They’re not bad at all.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't name 1 but capcom's still da 2D king and SNK's game don't ever improve. almost all da KoF r da same. the only changes r char. and the layout

How many KOF's have you played? From that statement, not that many. Each KOF has something different in the gameplay department. If what you say is true, then all Street Fighters are the same. And they don't really change the characters.

And KOF isn't the only SNK franchise. There's Last Blade, Samurai Shodown, Fatal Fury, other ones that aren't good (but they didn't make them so its ok).

The last good Capcom fighting game was Street Fighter 3: Third Strike. That last good SNK fighting game was KOF2002, KOF2000, Garou, Last Blade 2, and to a tiny extent KOF2003 and Sam Sho 5.

And Cervantes owns all! That's why Soul Caliber is my favorite 3D fighter. I enjoy Soul Caliber's weapon system though matches can end extremely quickly. I never liked Tekken and especially disliked Tekken Tag and Tekken 4. A round lasted like 10 seconds and it pissed me off... but that's my fault not the games.

And what's all this talk about Street Fighter 4? When was this announced? Or is this pure speculation?

pretty sure it's speculation as far as SF4. as much as I pray for SF4 in time for the anniversary (sp <_< ) I don't think it's gonna happen.

SoulCalibur 2 is a test to see who can 100% combo you with cervantes or nightmare.

heres a typical sc2 match:

P1 picks character. P2 picks nightmare. P2 wins.

Tekken is the same way

P1 picks someone, P2 picks jin. P2 wins.

Virtua Fighter, there is no clear winner before the round even begins. matches take skill and finesse to play. Just because someone picks akira or Lion doesnt automatically give them the match. Same thing goes for guilty gear.

both capcom and snk are guilty of reusing sprites, but capcom does it WAY more than snk. ryu hasnt even gotten a slight change to his outfit since the beginning. at least Kyo gets cosmetic updates to his sprite.

I'm not voting, because each company has a set of quality titles that diverse and are better above others.

KOF isn't a rehash (Although 98 and 2k2 is questionable) of the prior game. They change the system and characters almost every year. And they repsect their arc, unlike Capcom, who have made a lot of Arc mistakes in the past. They ended 2D when SF3:3s (which sucks because they toned down my Ibuki! :lol:)

Mortal Kombat went down hill when MK3 came out, the complexed combo system killed it. Although when UMK3 and MKT came out, it fixed everything, but they were too late. (Also Tobais, who is one of the brains behind MK left)

Namco makes good 3D fighters. Soul Calibur 2 is an excellent game overall. Unblanced, but not broken. It is still playable.

Arc Systems / Sammy are made of both former SF(Capcom) and KOF(SNK) devs. Oh. and Ryu did get a decent, unnoticable change, his bandana chanage :lol: Your right about Capcom, SNK and Sammy reusing sprites. At least with SNK, with every "Upgrade" they did, their was a new story. Each story within SF2 upgrades were the same :/

ahem..........snk 4 life ! why u ask?

snk has better mechanics tag, striker, counter mode, armor and various other types. capcom barely has anything left to spice up the game.............

characters are awhole lot cooler in snk too kyo, iori, k',terry, rock, and various other people. they always have new characters and more moves. costumes are awhole lot better too. i personally dont find anymore fun in capcom anymore unless im beating them up in capcom vs snk 2............but yet again thats my 2 cents.

ahem..........snk 4 life ! why u ask?

snk has better mechanics tag, striker, counter mode, armor and various other types. capcom barely has anything left to spice up the game.............

characters are awhole lot cooler in snk too kyo, iori, k',terry, rock, and various other people. they always have new characters and more moves. costumes are awhole lot better too. i personally dont find anymore fun in capcom anymore unless im beating them up in capcom vs snk 2............but yet again thats my 2 cents.

Exactly. Nicely said maiden.

SoulCalibur 2 is a test to see who can 100% combo you with cervantes or nightmare.

heres a typical sc2 match:

P1 picks character. P2 picks nightmare. P2 wins.

Tekken is the same way

P1 picks someone, P2 picks jin. P2 wins.

Virtua Fighter, there is no clear winner before the round even begins. matches take skill and finesse to play.  Just because someone picks akira or Lion doesnt automatically give them the match. Same thing goes for guilty gear.

both capcom and snk are guilty of reusing sprites, but capcom does it WAY more than snk. ryu hasnt even gotten a slight change to his outfit since the beginning. at least Kyo gets cosmetic updates to his sprite.

Well we obviously know where yur opinions lay with SC. However, just cuz u get 100% combo'd by Cervantes or Nightmare doesn't mean that's how it's played.

And no, Tekken is NOT the same way. Because once u r well knowledged in that game, u know what moves ppl will use against u n what u will use against them. of course yur gonna lose if only know how to play with 1 character in a 3D fighter, because u don't know what the opponent yur playing against will do to u.

In ANY game there's no such thing as a clear winner just based on who u choose, it depends on the person playing to pull through with whomever they choose. You obviously don't have enuff experience with games like Tekken or SC, otherwise u wouldn't be saying such things.

Capcom has reused sprites for the clones, n so what? They're not trying to change Ryu's look because he was never an anime influenced strictly japanese pop-culture concept to begin with. His look has kept up with his reputation. And now that SF4 is rolling around, they r going to change his look based on STORY elements (he will have trained under Oro since SF3:3rd Strike n thus changed his fighting style + look). My problem with KoF has always been that none of that specific series' original characters look like real fighters. They're all anime-ish fashion models, they hardly mix up their conceptual style. Which is y i've always admired Capcom, they're more artistic n unique. An example of the kind of difference between what I see n what someone like u see is a character like Gill. Ppl like u always complain about Gill for obvious reasons, while I greatly admire his character, because again Capcom is artistic n not in yur strictly jap-anime sense.

I like SNK, n the standalone series characters r great. It's the KoF original wack ass anime characters that r lame, especially Kyo. Fighting in a highschool uniform, get real. At least Iori keeps up with his reputation, he doesn't need to change his look.

come to think about it. Capcom char. don't get new outfits

Ryu will in SF4.

ooo let me guess....

different coloured gi?

or wait... he will have some zori tatami sandals...

:lol:

capcom needs to kick it @ shibuya for a little while if they want their characters to look decked out like SNK chars :lol::lol:

come to think about it. Capcom char. don't get new outfits

Ryu will in SF4.

ooo let me guess....

different coloured gi?

or wait... he will have some zori tatami sandals...

:lol:

capcom needs to kick it @ shibuya for a little while if they want their characters to look decked out like SNK chars :lol::lol:

Decked out... hahah. Those 'decked out' characters r ridiculous. Read my previous post n u'll know what I mean.

And no, not just a different colored gi.

Just had to say this: SF4 is not even in production, nor is there even any plan to make the game. I'd love to think otherwise, but until I see an announcement from Capcom that they are in fact considering this, everything else is just rumors and wishful thinking. Again, if I'm wrong, provide a link with such announcements.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, Capcom started the whole fighter genre and made it popular. Yet over the years, they've slacked and grown lazy. In fact, they've pretty much given up on creating fighting games. Their last quality fighting game IMO was SF: TS.

Their only future involvements in the development of new fighting games is Sammy vs. Capcom, but even that, Sammy is charge of much of the production. And that's probably for the better since then we'd be guranteed that sprites won't be reused and we can be sure the grapics will be hi-res. Oh, and we can be sure that there'd be no JAZZ music in a fighter game -- *coughMarvelvs.Capcom2cough*.