Virtua Fighter

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So does anyone want info on KOFNeowave :lol: My aunt was at the loke testing in Osaka.

Hook it up K'Dash :lol:

Should I post it here because it is totally irrelevent to this topic or start a new one? hmmmmmmmmmm.

Once again...Are you serious Riot.exe...dude VF4 is the least BMF game I have ever seen...In Tekken you can just kick the crap out of your opponent just by pressing punch

Actually, DoA is the most BMF I can think of...Tekken is the least, (in terms of quality series...) but as it was said, has the most BMF character in the Eddy/Christie movesets...

VF is somewhere in the middle...you can be very BM in it...or, be skilled like mad crazy...whereas in DoA, you had to press Free at the right time or else BM's were all over your ass...and Tekken's main dillema was in juggling...you need very little to be cheap...

then again...can you really compare the fighting in Tekken to Doa or VF? Tekken allowed a button for each limb, whereas VF and DoA simply had a punch and a kick...that DOES account for a different style of play...then again...we could bring up Beastorizer/Bloody Roar series...

Riot I respect your opinions but mate I don't understand where the f@ck your getting your facts from....

Tekken and DOA are the biggest button mashers I have ever played...damn I even saw a 10 year old beat a teenager by just pressing all of the buttons at the same time...

Some of the characters in VF4 are prone to button mashing but to pull of the moves and actually win requires skillz. If you play against someone with skillz they will be able to kick the button mashers ass without any effort....

I'm getting these facts from everyone I've ever played against, and all the fights I've watched in the three games...

When I played DoA with people...most Button mashed, when they didn't realize that timing was very important in pulling out certain combos, but the Free button timing is also a bit strange...so if you screw up...you get BM'ed...because in order to block, you have to HOLD the free button...and after the free animation, it goes into the block...

In Tekken, everyone I, or a friend, played against that BM'ed was dispatched of with the sidestep moves and parrying (given the proper character)...but Skilled people either played fair, or juggled you like crazy (Julia in Tekken Tag...geez...) Plus, since the button layout was different than VF or DoA (individual limbs rather than one punch and one kick) button mashing worked a bit differently...but was much easier to get around...

In VF, those I've played against that BM'ed could win because blocking them scooted me back...and sometimes I got a ring out...but when I got better, I could counter them...Skilled players put up good fights and the opponents in Quest mode were claimed to have been based off of actual pro VF players...

So does anyone want info on KOFNeowave :lol: My aunt was at the loke testing in Osaka.

Hook it up K'Dash :lol:

Should I post it here because it is totally irrelevent to this topic or start a new one? hmmmmmmmmmm.

Yes yes! New topic! Me wants news on KOF Neowave!

Also, SC = Fantasy, whereas VF4 is based on real life martial arts, which require practise and skills and precise timing...just like in VF4

Correction. Almost every style in Soul Calibur is a real weapon art. Ninjitsu, Taijisu, Crab, Half/Full Moon, Double Sword, Iai etc.

SC is very unrealistic compared to VF. SC is more fantasy than anything. But yes SC does have some real martial arts weapon based moves in it.

WTF? Realistic? That stupid wrestler guy tosses you more around than gold burg. Hell he can probably go up agaisnt the hulk. The game feels like tony hawk, too much damn air time. It feel like DBZ except without the kio-ken and fire balls. The game is is nowhere fantasy, except the actual characters, but who doesnt was to see whats her name in a thong? :lol: If you want realistic play Fight Night 2004, or was it 2003, or maybe even the UFC or pride. Save me the flame, stop your bitching and get off the rag...the regualr rag not that guy in the fourms.

Wolf only has one move which throws you a short distance away not across the arena...Cominous don't be so dramatic....

Stop being so Cominus=Cockbite. If the game has no weapons it's not really a fighting game, it's just some friendly competion, or more like a water slap fight.

So if it doesn't have weapons its a water slap fight? KOF and SF have no weapons and those are the most hardcore fighters ever.

Thats a 2d fightr, all 2d fighters kick ass, and there were weapons"that chic with the sword"

on another note, stop holding the damn game as if it were the 10 commandments! Flocking fan boys. I love SF3, but i dont go fan boy jet fighter on thier azzes and insult them, and try to make them seem like an azz or try to make them see it your way, i just say, "that game kicks azz, you dont like it oh well, you sux" and thats it. Please dont reply to this.

Once again...Are you serious Riot.exe...dude VF4 is the least BMF game I have ever seen...In Tekken you can just kick the crap out of your opponent just by pressing punch

Actually, DoA is the most BMF I can think of...Tekken is the least, (in terms of quality series...) but as it was said, has the most BMF character in the Eddy/Christie movesets...

VF is somewhere in the middle...you can be very BM in it...or, be skilled like mad crazy...whereas in DoA, you had to press Free at the right time or else BM's were all over your ass...and Tekken's main dillema was in juggling...you need very little to be cheap...

then again...can you really compare the fighting in Tekken to Doa or VF? Tekken allowed a button for each limb, whereas VF and DoA simply had a punch and a kick...that DOES account for a different style of play...then again...we could bring up Beastorizer/Bloody Roar series...

Riot I respect your opinions but mate I don't understand where the f@ck your getting your facts from....

Tekken and DOA are the biggest button mashers I have ever played...damn I even saw a 10 year old beat a teenager by just pressing all of the buttons at the same time...

Some of the characters in VF4 are prone to button mashing but to pull of the moves and actually win requires skillz. If you play against someone with skillz they will be able to kick the button mashers ass without any effort....

I'm getting these facts from everyone I've ever played against, and all the fights I've watched in the three games...

When I played DoA with people...most Button mashed, when they didn't realize that timing was very important in pulling out certain combos, but the Free button timing is also a bit strange...so if you screw up...you get BM'ed...because in order to block, you have to HOLD the free button...and after the free animation, it goes into the block...

In Tekken, everyone I, or a friend, played against that BM'ed was dispatched of with the sidestep moves and parrying (given the proper character)...but Skilled people either played fair, or juggled you like crazy (Julia in Tekken Tag...geez...) Plus, since the button layout was different than VF or DoA (individual limbs rather than one punch and one kick) button mashing worked a bit differently...but was much easier to get around...

In VF, those I've played against that BM'ed could win because blocking them scooted me back...and sometimes I got a ring out...but when I got better, I could counter them...Skilled players put up good fights and the opponents in Quest mode were claimed to have been based off of actual pro VF players...

Now that proves you ain't good at VF4...bush VF4 has counter moves and sidesteps and allows you to counter and offensive move....why the f@ck would you block when you can sidestep and counter :lol::lol::lol:

Have you ever herd of side stepping, ducking a combo and hitting them with a low attack? You must really suck at VF to get beat by a button masher. I have played crap loads of button mashers in Vf and they never win a single round. Why? Because I know how to play the game and they don't. When 2 people are playing a fighting game that they both suck at the most aggressive and fearless one is going to win. When all you do is sit back and block and try not to counter or mount a offense than you deserve to lose.

Well maybe if the game didn't suck so much, people would actually play it more to find out how deep it really is. Gee haw gee haw :lol::lol::lol:

PS: The game really isn't that bad.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

Also, SC = Fantasy, whereas VF4 is based on real life martial arts, which require practise and skills and precise timing...just like in VF4

Correction. Almost every style in Soul Calibur is a real weapon art. Ninjitsu, Taijisu, Crab, Half/Full Moon, Double Sword, Iai etc.

SC is very unrealistic compared to VF. SC is more fantasy than anything. But yes SC does have some real martial arts weapon based moves in it.

WTF? Realistic? That stupid wrestler guy tosses you more around than gold burg. Hell he can probably go up agaisnt the hulk. The game feels like tony hawk, too much damn air time. It feel like DBZ except without the kio-ken and fire balls. The game is is nowhere fantasy, except the actual characters, but who doesnt was to see whats her name in a thong? :lol: If you want realistic play Fight Night 2004, or was it 2003, or maybe even the UFC or pride. Save me the flame, stop your bitching and get off the rag...the regualr rag not that guy in the fourms.

Wolf only has one move which throws you a short distance away not across the arena...Cominous don't be so dramatic....

Stop being so Cominus=Cockbite. If the game has no weapons it's not really a fighting game, it's just some friendly competion, or more like a water slap fight.

So if it doesn't have weapons its a water slap fight? KOF and SF have no weapons and those are the most hardcore fighters ever.

Thats a 2d fightr, all 2d fighters kick ass, and there were weapons"that chic with the sword"

on another note, stop holding the damn game as if it were the 10 commandments! Flocking fan boys. I love SF3, but i dont go fan boy jet fighter on thier azzes and insult them, and try to make them seem like an azz or try to make them see it your way, i just say, "that game kicks azz, you dont like it oh well, you sux" and thats it. Please dont reply to this.

Cominus you make absolutely no sense...SF3 3rd Stike is my all time favourite fighting game.

I have not insulted anyone however you continue to carry this arguement on even tho you know that you have not played VF4 to its fullest potential....so Cominus you can say what you want but to me mate its all BS....