Virtua Fighter

It's not quantity, it's quality. It doesn't matter how many hundreds of moves each character has, or how many polygons each fighter has. It's about gameplay. And VF games are boring and dull and totally unfun to play. The fighting mechanics in VF games put me to sleep.

And yes, 2d fighters are still much better.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2d fighters to me will always be king. i like 3d fighters and all  but  for me  VF never had a good story , storywise in a 3d fighter  tekken  rules.  imo dead or alive is better than VF.

Story in a fighting game is secondary; the most important thing in a fighting game is the fighting. Yes Tekken has an awesome story line but what about the game play, anyone who knows anything about Tekken 4 knows that it is very broken. Tekken 4 is garbage really when compared to its predecessors and what’s out now. Vf is king where it counts, the fighting.

Guilty Gear XX/#Reload

Superb in every category.

GGXX#Reload -Correction: Its an update to a game I dispise dearly. The only thing that was fixed was the balanced issues from GGXX. I used to be a GGXX fanboy, now I just hope something will come along to rekindle the lost soul of mine to play the it ever again.

Superb in most catacgories.

Backgrounds are medicore

Although most of the character designs are excellent, Justice, Ky, Kliff seem like "I've Been Done" before.

Half of the music is repeative and annoying. I'm all up for guitar solos, but christ, IN MOST OF THE SONGS.

Not a big graphical and system update from GGX/X+.

the fighting in VF 4 is very blocky and unresponsive imo  i like vf3 better and yes i have vf3,4 and 4 evo.

:D Blocky and unresponsive? Thats odd because Virtua Fighter 4 and VF 4 Evo is known as having perfect controlls. I think you need to go back to training mode for a while. ;)

Guilty Gear XX/#Reload

Superb in every category.

GGXX#Reload -Correction: Its an update to a game I dispise dearly. The only thing that was fixed was the balanced issues from GGXX. I used to be a GGXX fanboy, now I just hope something will come along to rekindle the lost soul of mine to play the it ever again.

Superb in most catacgories.

Backgrounds are medicore

Although most of the character designs are excellent, Justice, Ky, Kliff seem like "I've Been Done" before.

Half of the music is repeative and annoying. I'm all up for guitar solos, but christ, IN MOST OF THE SONGS.

Not a big graphical and system update from GGX/X+.

No, you misunderstand. When I wrote "Guilty Gear XX/#Reload" notice the slash ( /) ? Well, this means either Guilty Gear XX or Guilty Gear #Reload -- take your pick; I happen to like both.

I agree with your comments about the background. Some could be improved upon -- especially the ones with people in them.

Music is repetitive, but what isn't if you listen to something repeatedly? IMO, the music is the best in any of the fighting games thus far, considering such failures like MvC2. Who the hell puts Jazz in a fighting game, and much less, with vocals?

Graphics: I don't think I need to say anything much here.

But most importantly, what gives me the most enjoyment about this game is its gameplay and the experiences I get from facing human competition; people who are equally into learning the ins and outs of the game engine and playing in competitions/tournaments. After all, this is a *fighting game*. Fighting games are for competition, and the ultimate category it will be judged upon is the game engine and competition.

I don't know if I'd consider myself a fanboy -- though, I'm not saying you accused me of being one, but just in case I come off as such. "Fanboys" tend to be fixated on graphics and storyline...that's pretty much it. When it comes to the meat of fighting games: actually playing the game against human competition, they pretty much steer away.

I like Virtua Fighter 4 as well as 3d games.

My only problem with the majority of 3d games is for some reason i cant see myself getting better with them.

I play guilty gear and practice. i see myself getting better through play against the computer and other human players. Something like vf or sc and i practice the same amount of tie and i see no improvement. every 3d game to me has severe balance issues.

aside from capcom vs snk 2 (which i despise greatly) most 2d games i play ahve fairly good balance.

And third strike is Perfection.

My comment applies to both games.

Anyways, as both Chipp and Milla minorly tweaked in #Reload, I can still rip open some new hate with them.