Virtua Fighter

Well...I picked up VF4: Evolution as soon as I saw it...the best thing I can say about it, is playing alone doesn't get dull like in pretty much ALL fighters (that don't have survival mode)...Quest mode alone practically trains you for arcade playing...no other fighter I know of does that...you fight all kinds of different styles in there...it just truly prepares you for humans...and it was consistent in updating graphics...very nice...and The music isn't all that bad, I perfer the Event Square tracks myself...

...on the flipside...In terms of stages...its a step backwards from VF3 (the only other VF, aside from VF Kids, I never played)...I recall the stages in 3 to have more life to them, and weren't just caged in squares...also...VF never really had that much of a story to follow (all I know is Lau is Pai's dad, and Sarah is Jacky's sister)...and no story = dull...and I don't know about you all...but Kage has got to be the most boring ninja ever...I didn't think that was even possible...and there's that one other problem...despite the depth it actually has, VF was always a bit too button masher friendly...only 3d game that wasn't really BMF was Tekken...but thats a whole 'nother story...

...well...there's my contribution to this post...

Riot.exe are you serious???

I remember just pressing punch in Tekken all the time and pulling off like a 10 hit combo...now if you don't call that a button masher then there is something wrong with you....I tried that exact same stunt with VF4 and could only pull off a 2 hit combo....

Please guys actually play VF4 using some of the harder characters such as Akira and then post back here about wether you still think its a button masher :lol:

Chill out..I'm not saying you can't button mash in tekken...but its not as easy to get away with it in that series, than it is in VF or DoA...

Umm Tekken has the most button masher friendly characters ever in a fighting game. Does Eddy Gordo, Christie Monterio, and Baek Do Son ring a bell?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, SC = Fantasy, whereas VF4 is based on real life martial arts, which require practise and skills and precise timing...just like in VF4

Correction. Almost every style in Soul Calibur is a real weapon art. Ninjitsu, Taijisu, Crab, Half/Full Moon, Double Sword, Iai etc.

SC is very unrealistic compared to VF. SC is more fantasy than anything. But yes SC does have some real martial arts weapon based moves in it.

WTF? Realistic? That stupid wrestler guy tosses you more around than gold burg. Hell he can probably go up agaisnt the hulk. The game feels like tony hawk, too much damn air time. It feel like DBZ except without the kio-ken and fire balls. The game is is nowhere fantasy, except the actual characters, but who doesnt was to see whats her name in a thong? :lol: If you want realistic play Fight Night 2004, or was it 2003, or maybe even the UFC or pride. Save me the flame, stop your bitching and get off the rag...the regualr rag not that guy in the fourms.

Wolf only has one move which throws you a short distance away not across the arena...Cominous don't be so dramatic....

Umm Tekken has the most button masher friendly characters ever in a fighting game. Does Eddy Gordo, Christie Monterio, and Baek Do Son ring a bell?

At least none of them are pulling an Elioth with a character that all you can do is button mash and _actually_ get moves out of *coughan-hellcough*

Quest mode alone practically trains you for arcade playing...no other fighter I know of does that...you fight all kinds of different styles in there...

What does that mean? WT Flock was that thing in SC then? Doesnt that train you for something? Is fighting with a staff and fighting with a sword the same style? At least in SC2 you weren't air juggled, well not forever anyways(ring outs).

I mean Playing styles, not fighting styles...you know...like what to do with people who turtle a lot, or the ultra offensive people, one who uses a lot of kicks...sh--t like that...you fight all different kinds of arcade play styles, that you actually get the sense you've gotten better...

...think about other fighters...Street fighter anything...you can always expect Ken to do that stupid light-to-heavy-shoryuken thing, and chun-li to block all the time...Dead or Alive...you can always expect Hyabusa to do that thing where he theows you in the air, leaf teleports, and izuna bombs you while yelling "HO!" like Lion-O...I could name other patterns in other fighters...but then I'd just bore you...but I hope you get what I meant now...

Also, SC = Fantasy, whereas VF4 is based on real life martial arts, which require practise and skills and precise timing...just like in VF4

Correction. Almost every style in Soul Calibur is a real weapon art. Ninjitsu, Taijisu, Crab, Half/Full Moon, Double Sword, Iai etc.

SC is very unrealistic compared to VF. SC is more fantasy than anything. But yes SC does have some real martial arts weapon based moves in it.

WTF? Realistic? That stupid wrestler guy tosses you more around than gold burg. Hell he can probably go up agaisnt the hulk. The game feels like tony hawk, too much damn air time. It feel like DBZ except without the kio-ken and fire balls. The game is is nowhere fantasy, except the actual characters, but who doesnt was to see whats her name in a thong? :lol: If you want realistic play Fight Night 2004, or was it 2003, or maybe even the UFC or pride. Save me the flame, stop your bitching and get off the rag...the regualr rag not that guy in the fourms.

Wolf only has one move which throws you a short distance away not across the arena...Cominous don't be so dramatic....

Stop being so Cominus=Cockbite. If the game has no weapons it's not really a fighting game, it's just some friendly competion, or more like a water slap fight.

At least none of them are pulling an Elioth with a character that all you can do is button mash and _actually_ get moves out of *coughan-hellcough*

:lol: True :lol:

Elioth's games are usually unbalanced, which means some characters have advantages over the rest....

Again you have proved by you retarded remark you have just made that you know nothing about VF or fighting games in general. For you to even compare VF to something like DBZ is just plain stupid. Obviously you have never actually played VF long enough to understand it and to make a fare judgment on it. Please no what you are talking about before the next time you open your mouth and start talking crap.

At least she's very good at a competive level if in the right hands, and very hot too.

Edit: Reffering to An-hell / Angel.

Edited by K`dash

Stop being so Cominus=Cockbite. If the game has no weapons it's not really a fighting game, it's just some friendly competion, or more like a water slap fight.

Cominus you my friend know nothing....please don't make an idiot out of yourself like in the last VF thread. You even began lying over at VF.com and they caught you in that lie and owned you..:lol:

Again you have proved by you retarded remark you have just made that you know nothing about VF or fighting games in general. For you to even compare VF to something like DBZ is just plain stupid. Obviously you have never actually played VF long enough to understand it and to make a fare judgment on it. Please no what you are talking about before the next time you open your mouth and start talking crap.

Gotta love it when someone goes into FANBOY MODE!!!!!!11111111111111111///////////////

Gotta love it when someone goes into FANBOY MODE!!!!!!11111111111111111///////////////

K'Dash, Fatal isn't being a FANBOY...if he was he would have said VF is the best and all the other games suck ass..

but instead he is saying VF4 is awesome yet there are other quality fighting games out there but VF4 is the current benchmark for fighting games...