Virtua Fighter

My comment applies to both games.

Anyways, as both Chipp and Milla minorly tweaked in #Reload, I can still rip open some new hate with them.

Yeah they've got some minor tweaks, but Millia was still top tier even in XX. Chipp is fun, but I'd stick to Millia. The payoff would probably be better with her than Chipp.

On a different note, I'm waiting for the PS2 release of SF3:TS since I don't have a DC. Also, my arcade got rid of it, and some of the players are trying to have them get it back.

Yeah, Third Strike: another favorite of mine. :D

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dream is for CAPCOM to friking bring back Ibuki to Top tier status. I like ninja girls. Although she isn't top tier anymore, I can still do an avarage amount of damage with her by being quick about it.

GGXX is the worst fighting game IMHO...I hate it...now to the issue at hand...VF4 has got the best fighting mechanics of any fighting game and has set a new benchmark for future fighting games...

Sega had outdone themselves by creating VF4, VF4 Evo & the upcoming VF4 Final Tuned...

Sega is pulling a Capcom with VF4. Although it is highly sold in the markets. It's SF3 all over again.

Edited by K`dash

Sega is pulling a Capcom with VF4. Although it is highly sold in the markets. It's SF2 all over again.

But the upgrades are more significant than SF2 upgrades. If you played vf4 than play vf 4 evo you would understand.

Well the improvements in SF3 were minor ones...however, Sega is adding alot to VF4, which makes the purchase worth it, especially since they are releasing the new reversions of it at a much cheaper price in the US....

Well...I picked up VF4: Evolution as soon as I saw it...the best thing I can say about it, is playing alone doesn't get dull like in pretty much ALL fighters (that don't have survival mode)...Quest mode alone practically trains you for arcade playing...no other fighter I know of does that...you fight all kinds of different styles in there...it just truly prepares you for humans...and it was consistent in updating graphics...very nice...and The music isn't all that bad, I perfer the Event Square tracks myself...

...on the flipside...In terms of stages...its a step backwards from VF3 (the only other VF, aside from VF Kids, I never played)...I recall the stages in 3 to have more life to them, and weren't just caged in squares...also...VF never really had that much of a story to follow (all I know is Lau is Pai's dad, and Sarah is Jacky's sister)...and no story = dull...and I don't know about you all...but Kage has got to be the most boring ninja ever...I didn't think that was even possible...and there's that one other problem...despite the depth it actually has, VF was always a bit too button masher friendly...only 3d game that wasn't really BMF was Tekken...but thats a whole 'nother story...

...well...there's my contribution to this post...

Quest mode alone practically trains you for arcade playing...no other fighter I know of does that...you fight all kinds of different styles in there...

What does that mean? WT Flock was that thing in SC then? Doesnt that train you for something? Is fighting with a staff and fighting with a sword the same style? At least in SC2 you weren't air juggled, well not forever anyways(ring outs).

Cominus if your uncle can kick your ass at VF4 then that means you have not practised enough....

Please don't critize a masterpiece just because you will not take the time to play it correctly...

Also, SC = Fantasy, whereas VF4 is based on real life martial arts, which require practise and skills and precise timing...just like in VF4

Edited by ForceX

Well...I picked up VF4: Evolution as soon as I saw it...the best thing I can say about it, is playing alone doesn't get dull like in pretty much ALL fighters (that don't have survival mode)...Quest mode alone practically trains you for arcade playing...no other fighter I know of does that...you fight all kinds of different styles in there...it just truly prepares you for humans...and it was consistent in updating graphics...very nice...and The music isn't all that bad, I perfer the Event Square tracks myself...

...on the flipside...In terms of stages...its a step backwards from VF3 (the only other VF, aside from VF Kids, I never played)...I recall the stages in 3 to have more life to them, and weren't just caged in squares...also...VF never really had that much of a story to follow (all I know is Lau is Pai's dad, and Sarah is Jacky's sister)...and no story = dull...and I don't know about you all...but Kage has got to be the most boring ninja ever...I didn't think that was even possible...and there's that one other problem...despite the depth it actually has, VF was always a bit too button masher friendly...only 3d game that wasn't really BMF was Tekken...but thats a whole 'nother story...

...well...there's my contribution to this post...

Riot.exe are you serious???

I remember just pressing punch in Tekken all the time and pulling off like a 10 hit combo...now if you don't call that a button masher then there is something wrong with you....I tried that exact same stunt with VF4 and could only pull off a 2 hit combo....

Please guys actually play VF4 using some of the harder characters such as Akira and then post back here about wether you still think its a button masher :lol:

Edited by ForceX