Virtua Fighter

Vf is so over looked IMO. Quality wise it does not get better than vf. It is the deepest fighter ever made. The reason why I think it is over looked because it does not have all that flashy crap, no over the top unrealistic characters, not button masher friendly, take's time to learn how to play effectively, and has no cut scenes/endings. But this game is al about the fighting folks; you don't need endings when the game is this enjoyable. I mean look at how crappy Tekken 4 was and it was cut scenes galore. I hear people say Vf sucks and that games like Mortal Kombat deadly alliance and Soul calibur 2 are deeper and better. Ok for one there is nothing wrong with liking the character designs and theme of a game better than another but to say a game like mortal kombat is deeper and of a higher quality than VF is just plain retarded. Quality wise Soul Calibur can match up to VF on many levels but deepness and replay value? I don't think so. Anyone who actually learns how to play VF will learn why it is the most rewarding game to learn how to play. If you own a PS2 than VF 4evo is a must buy. You really can't go wrong here, graphics, controls, replay value it's all here for only 20 bucks. If you’re having trouble getting the hang of the game don't worry, it has the greatest and most comprehensive training mode ever in a fighting game. It's a shame that such a great game is so over looked. Virtua Fighter 4 evolution the greatest fighting game of all time.

Edited by Fatal Rose

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i forget which virtua fighter it was but that one that revolutionized games with the 1 million polygon count and special effects.

that made virtua fighter deck for me :)

You may have your views, but I completely hate the VF and Tekken series. I find that their engines and combos system totally useless. They are very pretty, but handle like crap.

Vf is so over looked IMO. Quality wise it does not get better than vf. It is the deepest fighter ever made.  The reason why I think it is over looked because it does not have all that flashy crap, no over the top unrealistic characters, not button masher friendly, take's time to learn how to play effectively, and has no cut scenes/endings. But this game is al about the fighting folks; you don't need endings when the game is this enjoyable. I mean look at how crappy Tekken 4 was and it was cut scenes galore. I hear people say Vf sucks and that games like Mortal Kombat deadly alliance and Soul calibur 2 are deeper and better. Ok for one there is nothing wrong with liking the character designs and theme of a game better than another but to say a game like mortal kombat is deeper and of a higher quality than VF is just plain retarded. Quality wise Soul Calibur can match up to VF on many levels but deepness and replay value? I don't think so.  Anyone who actually learns how to play VF will learn why it is the most rewarding game to learn how to play. If you own a PS2 than VF 4evo is a must buy. You really can't go wrong here, graphics, controls, replay value it's all here for only 20 bucks. If you’re having trouble getting the hang of the game don't worry, it has the greatest and most comprehensive training mode ever in a fighting game. It's a shame that such a great game is so over looked. Virtua Fighter 4 evolution the greatest fighting game of all time.

2D fighters 0wn you.

Vf is so over looked IMO. Quality wise it does not get better than vf. It is the deepest fighter ever made.  The reason why I think it is over looked because it does not have all that flashy crap, no over the top unrealistic characters, not button masher friendly, take's time to learn how to play effectively, and has no cut scenes/endings. But this game is al about the fighting folks; you don't need endings when the game is this enjoyable. I mean look at how crappy Tekken 4 was and it was cut scenes galore. I hear people say Vf sucks and that games like Mortal Kombat deadly alliance and Soul calibur 2 are deeper and better. Ok for one there is nothing wrong with liking the character designs and theme of a game better than another but to say a game like mortal kombat is deeper and of a higher quality than VF is just plain retarded. Quality wise Soul Calibur can match up to VF on many levels but deepness and replay value? I don't think so.  Anyone who actually learns how to play VF will learn why it is the most rewarding game to learn how to play. If you own a PS2 than VF 4evo is a must buy. You really can't go wrong here, graphics, controls, replay value it's all here for only 20 bucks. If you’re having trouble getting the hang of the game don't worry, it has the greatest and most comprehensive training mode ever in a fighting game. It's a shame that such a great game is so over looked. Virtua Fighter 4 evolution the greatest fighting game of all time.

2D fighters 0wn you.

that had nothing to do with the post at all.....

Use spaces plz thx

VF was in the same league as tekken. It just got old after a while and newer games got funner and interacted with the environment more i guess.

Let me elaborate on my previous post. I find Virtua Fighter (and Tekken) dull and boring because I prefer the speed and style of 2D fighters. I'd still rather play Street Fighter 2 over Virtua Fighter 2 because SF2 has more replay value and is way more fun. That's why I wrote 2D fighters own you.

Let me elaborate on my previous post. I find Virtua Fighter (and Tekken) dull and boring because I prefer the speed and style of 2D fighters. I'd still rather play Street Fighter 2 over Virtua Fighter 2 because SF2 has more replay value and is way more fun. That's why I wrote 2D fighters own you.

I concur.

While I love Virtua Fighter as much as Fatal does, I still prefer 2D. Give me Street Fighter 3: 3S and I will play for hours. Give me Virtua Fighter 3tb and I shall play for minutes. Speed is good. That's why I like 2D.

Anon.

NOTE: An exception to the rule is Dead or Alive 3. That has LOTS of speed. I love that one as much as CvsSNK2.

An exception to the rule is Dead or Alive 3. That has LOTS of speed. I love that one as much as CvsSNK2.

Althought 3D fighters are welcomed to me, hatred for series such as VF and Tekken, DoA3 to me is maybe the worst DoA game ever released. The only reason is came out was because the lead of Team Ninja has a problem with Sony. Sure if showed off some of the Xbox's Ablities. The controls are sloppy, due on part of the Xbox's freakishly large-takes a crew of 60 men just to get to one side button- controller. The game handles very responsively, but its overall presentations are poor for a fighter.