--== CoinOPS IGNITE ==--

BritneysPAIRS

Big Thanks goes out to stf.. A.K.A, The Frog.. For all the help you have been giving BP to help the project out.

Thanks for that ! BP has been a fine company for some long nights :lol: and reacts at every comment, is able to add an option and make a build in only 15mn !

It's a real pleasure to contribute and see cool reactions like this one. But the point is: IGNITE is a real pleasure for players, and BP is a Boss with a big B.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... jurassic park, steel gunner 1 or 2 on any tv you wish with either a laser gun or standard light gun the results are the same, trust me. Your not using a joypad to play then are you ?

you won't believe it but the settings were made for joypad (so i can shoot the fullscren in jpark & opwolf3). But the case of using hardware lightgun is really interesting. I really think you should create a new thread talking about guns, so interest all guns users (and you seem to master your stuff). Steel gunners 1&2: shots only in the center of the screen, aren't they ? I don't know about lightguns, but thoses 2 games can't be played with a pad or a mouse in any PC version of mameui (we can target items but only shoot at the center of screen).

EDIT: Sorry i've just seen the thread !!!! good stuff !!

One thing Stf to look at, i noticed a few yrs back with another mame variant that the gun calibration screen used to calibrate within mame ui itself in a normal fashion ie shoot center then top left, top right, bottom left and bottom right, press button to confirm/save. Then in an update to that mame variant the Gun calibration screen only had the shoot the center of the screen no shooting the corners. Now this mame variant "Ignite" uses that calibration method, ie .. no shooting the corners which isnt giving the program the screen co ordinates is it ? Something to perhaps look into and resolve !

anyone can come and make suggestions they are normally allways correct.... but as stf has seen they just need to be thought about the best way to add them, the job normally is the easy part thinking about the best way to do it takes the time. A straight copy of the PC way or what has been done before is normally allways floored or manually intensive and with a little thought (eg screen rotation) can be handled better, more intuatively and with one switch

Here's the changes for gamepad layout remapping made to the MAMEdOX 1.1 source tree.

Source Changes

If they need to be sent via another method let me know.

A quick rundown of the changes. After the first run MAMEoX.ini saves the following profile strings under the input section (4 sets - 4 players).

These are the defaults.

Gamepad1_Back = Back

Gamepad1_Start = Start

Gamepad1_LeftAnalog = LeftAnalog

Gamepad1_RightAnalog = RightAnalog

Gamepad1_A = A

Gamepad1_B = B

Gamepad1_X = X

Gamepad1_Y = Y

Gamepad1_White = White

Gamepad1_Black = Black

Gamepad1_LeftTrigger = LeftTrigger

Gamepad1_RightTrigger = RightTrigger

By changing the values around, you can change the layout of your input device. It should there are two types of buttons: Digital (Back, Start, LeftAnalog, RightAnalog) and Analog (A, B, X, Y, White, Black, LeftTrigger, RightTrigger). Digital buttons can be remapped to other digital buttons, and analog buttons can be remapped to other analog buttons, but you cannot swap a digital for an analog or vice versa.

As an example if I use the following.

Gamepad1_A = White

Gamepad1_B = A

Gamepad1_X = RightTrigger

Gamepad1_Y = X

For player 1 the WHITE button on the xbox gamepad will now register as the A button, A button will register as the B button, RIGHT TRIGGER will register as X, and X will register as Y.

took a quick look I can add this probably and looks good, although it can be expanded on of course. MSN me on disson@hotmail.com trig if you want to join the team and make a diff. I will supply you with realtime source but it cant go out untill ignite final then the source will be released, but only on stable full releases. The source for gold is out there but there are probably 500 changes since then.

also joystick.c has had alot of work so you will have to patch this in. Its changed alot and there is 16 A buttons now 16 X buttons etc so the patch needs to replicated now for each player (as its split now and 3 types of fire)

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

I now don't see why it's so important to remap the layout. It just forces everyone to use the already configurated default cfg.

When remapping the layout, all the shooters, action, beat'um up will suit the cab, but what about driving & fighters ? You'll have to remap them anyway. As averyone can remove all the cfg and redo a new default you'll get the same results: OK for schmups, action & beat (all affected by the new default.cfg and choose the button for autofire) and remap for driving & fighters.

So in the two cases, a work of remapping keys will have to be done.

By erasing cfg and remapping the default, no new code needs to be added. Don't you think ?

its just as easy mapping the games you play in-game to your preferences.it takes seconds to do.

ps bp,i noticrd in mame128 you can get playchoice games full screen by having the single monitor option,which coinops dosent have,just thought i would let you know incase you do want to have a bash at playchoice.

and for anyone who wants to play playchoice games you have to remap a couple of buttons its very simple to do.

Go into the games input setup, NOT the emulator input setup.

*If you don't know how to find that menu, during gameplay press BACK+WHITE

*To pause Emulator, press BACK+BLACK

Now...

Look for "ENTER" I personally switch that to Left Trigger

Look for "START" & "SELECT" Put "START" as "START" and "SELECT" as "BACK"

Once that is done, go back to the game. Push BACK a shizznit load of times to increase time gameplay. Once you;ve done that, press "Left Trigger" and that will start up the game. And with whatever game your playing, press start whenever it tells you to. I use the latest MAMEoX for this. Hope that helps.quote

just follow those instructions.

Trig your cab is......... something I'd like to steal :D !!! (thanks for the link).

So your method could just be great if you want to swich between your cab and your xbox joypads. But with such a cab, will you ever want to play with your pad anymore ?

Edited by stf

Tested b4 very nice job!

Only still got problems to run next roms (boot errors):

- knights of valour plus

- the revenge of shinobi

- billiard academy

- gals panic 4

- gals panis s

- operation wolf 3

- lethal enforcers II

Kovplus is a clone, you need KOV.zip + pgm.zip to run it.

you also must add som other bios to play some games (like neogeo): konamigx.zip, taitofx1.zip, taitogn.zip...

make a search to find your missing bios. Google helps about mame's bios.

... and to bring back some justice because of nice PM I've received: I don't code, I can't code, I've never coded anything!!!!! BritneysPairs is the only coder, that's his project, his baby, and I've never done anything on it ! I'm like you all, I just enjoy it !

If this makes troubles I'll quit the forum. Sorry and thanks for all.

Edited by stf