What Movie Did you Just Watch?

GodPigeon

Saw the prestige last night. Liked it though you could probably figure it out halfway through the movie but I liked how the little nuances made sense after it was explained.

Indeed... And to top it off Tesla's in it... how can you beat that?!

Cube is an awesome movie. The sequel is okay, but not as good.

I just saw Max Payne. The movie is very much like the games, in that they are more style then substance, with artistic visuals masking a lacklustre plot.

But you know what? I liked it. The visuals are absolutely gorgeous. I didn't see the twist coming at all. There was one shootout in an office building that had me giggling like a little girl. The story was bland, but the movie still seemed to swathe itself in poetry, despite its deficiencies.

I just think they could have omitted the whole Valkyrie stuff - it would have been a grittier and more realistic film without that element.

I'm really enjoying game-to-film movies. I think I go into the cinema with low expectations, and emerge from the theatre pleasantly surprised.

Edited by Chaotica

I've heard Hyper-cube sucked but cube zero is alright.

as for max payne, there wasn't a whole lot of action the first hour was almost boring. the final 30 minutes or so was very action packed though. it did make me long for a max payne 3 or perhaps a retelling of the first 2 on next gen consoles.