Final Burn Legends 1.5

+ T +

As you say, the ini file is the same so it's unlikely that's the problem. It could be one of the other skin files; one way to find out would to replace them one at a time with files from the default skins. But if you want to make your own skin then I would suggest using one of the default skins as your base and work from that. Then you know that your skin will work correctly.

As to your question about skin settings; when you modify the skin in the UI, the settings are saved in the \ini\FinalBurnLegends.ini file. You can copy this file to your skin folder and rename it to the name of your skin if you want to make your changes permanent. I hope that helps.

Ok thanks ... i will try an other time when i can ... and give you my results :D

Thanks a lot

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+ T +: I assume there is a default setting for the screen resolution for games in regular/upright rotation giving a universal appearance for the scanlines, I was wondering if this same setup could be applied to games using vertical/rotation displays, I understand there may be some issues as different games use different resolutions but currently the scanlines look out of place/different thickness etc. for all the ones I have tried (mainly Cave). I myself am not to fussed about perfect pixel but more interested in the scanlines being consistent throughout the screen as a default setting similar to the upright games. Hope I am making sense and Thanks.

You're going to get me in trouble with Cospefogo and PhilExile. I would like to change the default rotated screensize to be perfect 3:4 which would fix the scanlines (it's just an arbitrary value at the moment) but it would mess up the pixel perfect inis for rotated games that those guys are working on and I think I've caused them enough trouble as it is by changing default values. I'll see if I can find some videos of vertically orientated games running on actual hardware and see how FBL's proportions compare. If there is a significant difference I'll make the change.

T, yes, please don't do that! :D

For hardware generated scanlines, see the SLG3000. It will add scanlines to any resolution mode and any emulator on your Xbox (or other system) - http://tinyurl.com/3q78mzf

If people have questions about how to set it up, just PM me.

+ T +: I assume there is a default setting for the screen resolution for games in regular/upright rotation giving a universal appearance for the scanlines, I was wondering if this same setup could be applied to games using vertical/rotation displays, I understand there may be some issues as different games use different resolutions but currently the scanlines look out of place/different thickness etc. for all the ones I have tried (mainly Cave). I myself am not to fussed about perfect pixel but more interested in the scanlines being consistent throughout the screen as a default setting similar to the upright games. Hope I am making sense and Thanks.

You're going to get me in trouble with Cospefogo and PhilExile. I would like to change the default rotated screensize to be perfect 3:4 which would fix the scanlines (it's just an arbitrary value at the moment) but it would mess up the pixel perfect inis for rotated games that those guys are working on and I think I've caused them enough trouble as it is by changing default values. I'll see if I can find some videos of vertically orientated games running on actual hardware and see how FBL's proportions compare. If there is a significant difference I'll make the change.

Hey guys!

Let me add my touch here...

I am not a expert in the coding thing but

my eyes sharp when we talk about these matters.

Both vertical rotated and horizontal traditional not rotated

screen should be in at least one "dimension" in pixel perfect

to get the scanlines to display correctly.

For the horizontal traditional image, you should have

your screen with the HEIGHT in pixel perfect exactly

as the same original game screen.

For the the vertical rotated, you should have the

WIDTH of the rotated image to be accordingly to

the original width of the game screen.

If you are not within those values, you will get

distorted/defective scanlines, with areas of different

opacity/thickness.

You can use the D-Pad and adjust with precision

your image. It is very easy to find the correct

spot using the new D-Pad feature while resizing

the screen.

Since the scanline filter is generated "inside" the

game image, and not as a independent layer floating

over it, any distortion in the screen will compromise

the scanlines integrity.

I hope to be helpful!

Regards!

C.

Thanks for 1.5 its great but i have a question , How do i remove unwanted games (like out of memory games or unplayable games) Id like to create a set where they all work

Who knows, maybe some guys are currently working on fixing games which runs out of memory :D

Edited by - kenshiro -

Ok, dusted off the old LightGun today to test VCop 3, thats another story.

Anywho decided to give FBL 1.5 a blast with the few lightgun games it does support.

Everything seems ok except i cant configure the lightgun within the emulator itself.

I see an option to speed up the cursor but that doesnt help with guns at all.

The onscreen reticle seems to lag behind the gun movements, badly, like about 6ins behind.

To move the reticle to the top of the screen i have to the top of the screen and wait 2 seconds for the reticle to catch up.

What im asking for is a gun calibration screen for FBL 1.6.

ie:- top left, top right, bottom left and bottom right with the ability to adjust the speed of the reticle/cursor.

These games play brilliantly but the reticle/cursor lagging behind makes them unplayable with a lightgun.

Lets be honest, they were designed to be played with a lightgun.

I know its not a priority of yours but if i dont ask you wont look at it.

Lots of sources out there for this kind of thing.

PLEASE :D