Final Burn Legends 1.5

+ T +

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I order my roms exactly like you do Cos. i Like things neat and just one zip per game.

Unlucky on the favourites thing. A lock for certain settings is worth looking into +T+.

+T+, my suggestion is to have a LOCK FAVORITES inside the general options menu.

This way we can keep the faves SAFE from accidental game removing!

What do you think?

Implementing that would take me a lot more time than it would take you to simply back up your favourites file. :)

+T+, my suggestion is to have a LOCK FAVORITES inside the general options menu.

This way we can keep the faves SAFE from accidental game removing!

What do you think?

Implementing that would take me a lot more time than it would take you to simply back up your favourites file. :)

Yeah...

I need to agree.

I fixed my faves and already made a backup.

This idea occured me few minutes after my previous post.

Slapping friends,

Cospefogo.

I order my roms exactly like you do Cos. i Like things neat and just one zip per game.

Unlucky on the favourites thing. A lock for certain settings is worth looking into +T+.

this gave me an idea... would it be possible to have a dat file that makes clean names(ie, takes out the country release and so on) and edits/takes out unwanted roms (pr0n, mahjong, doubles, etc) that could be included with the releases? of course leaving that full dat file too.

maybe a xtra's thing?

Edited by tristanx

this gave me an idea... would it be possible to have a dat file that makes clean names. edits out unwanted roms (pr0n, mahjong, doubles, etc) that could be included with the releases? of course leaving that full dat file too.

maybe a xtra's thing?

Tristão-X!

I think you just need to open the current .DAT file with a editor

like Notepad++ (it's free and a superb light editor) and

have some nice time adjusting the games on the way you want.

Great idea indeed!

Cospefogo.

this gave me an idea... would it be possible to have a dat file that makes clean names. edits out unwanted roms (pr0n, mahjong, doubles, etc) that could be included with the releases? of course leaving that full dat file too.

maybe a xtra's thing?

Tristão-X!

I think you just need to open the current .DAT file with a editor

like Notepad++ (it's free and a superb light editor) and

have some nice time adjusting the games on the way you want.

Great idea indeed!

Cospefogo.

Tristão-X??

it's spelled tristanx... you know, unhappy with an "x".

looking at this with notepad gave me a headache. :)

notepad++... never heard of it, i'll check it out.

[note to self: must keep idea's to myself. leaves me open to start and accomplish something]

Edited by tristanx

ClrMAMEPro has a function whereby it will create a DAT form whatever ROMs you have in a folder. So technically you could create whatever custom DAT files you like. Removing the ROM information from the DAT file won't have any effect on the ROM name that appears in the emulator as the names are a hardcoded part of FBA. You can create a favourites file though, containing all your games, and remove any unwanted ROM information using any text editor that supports replacing strings with regular expressions.