Band/Song that got you into music?

Diso

Since this forum became a sub-music forum, we might as well post a music topic in here. So what band/song got you interested into the music scene?

For me, I didn't really listen to music that much. I just heard songs over the radio and knew of some bands, and watched MTV a little when they did actually play music videos. So I have to say that Weezer is probably the band that got me involved into listening to music more. I liked their style and it drove me to find similar artists, which eventually led to experimenting to listening to other different genres. So Weezer pretty much did it for me.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a while I listened to music on-and-off, but I started listening to it on a regular basis after I bought an mp3 player and my friend gave me songs from Slayer's album "God Hates Us All."

I just started listening to my parent's radio and got to like the songs being played - such as Elvis Presley's Burning Love. Then they got me a radio of my own at Christmas, and I was hooked. Also my brother got Deep Purple's Machine Head album (the quadrophonic version), and Deep Purple became my favourite band.

Since then I've branched into anything top-40-ish from the late 50s to early 90s. But no rap crap.

Woodstock and The King. I went to my first concert and the age of 9. Woodstock is a vague memory but I can still remember waking to Jimi playing the Star Spangled Banner.

I went to see The King at the age of 10 and I was hooked on rock-n-roll ever since. He had the charisma of none that I have ever seen since. Off course The Beatles were more popular later but not with the women like the King was.

My favorite genre Metal became my life when in the 4th grade he gave me a Black Sabbath album to listen too. Been a metal head since.

I live for music is flows through my veins just like the blood that is there. Some say my blood is black because of all the death and black metal I listen too.

This has to be one of those "WTF? Where do you start?" questions.

I guess I'd have to say, due to the fact my mother has told me it was my favourite song when I was little and I'd always get up and dance to it.

Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue

My mom was an opera singer, and my dad plays blues guitar, Ive just always been musically inclined. I play drums, guitar, and bass. My sister plays guitar and sings, but is going to be a dentist, a waste, I think. and my brother used to play guitar, but he sings occasionally for my church. I just have a really musical family.