Playstation 2 Vs Xbox

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would definately go Xbox over PS2. A chipped Xbox is a beautiful thing to behold. All the emulators and games you can run on it. Fighting games Dead or Alive is pretty cool, Soul Calibre 2 ( better than PS2). SVC gas been announced and it will support Xbox Live Play. But the one and only reason you need to put Xbox first is Halo. Even if you think your not an FPS fan it'll blow you away. Halo 2 is looking awesome.

There are loads of fantastic games coming on Xbox. The only thing that PS2 has over Xbox is RPG. BUt all this will change when Fable comes out. Which could turn out to be the beat RPG ever.

Go on choose the BillBox you'll love.

This public service announcement was brought to you by Microsoft.

lol!!!! :lol:

Very true. The X - Box Next (I heard it somewhere, don't ask...) is coming out next year. I heard that the PS3 is coming out 2007 though?

well all next-gen systems aren't due till 2006 so you got plenty of time to wait for those.

i own both systems and the way i look at is this:

PS2 - definitely has plenty of games over xbox and a bunch more to come this year. its too bad you can't do so much with it as you can with a modded xbox but the quality of the games out for ps2 out does many xbox originals.

XBOX - it does in most cases get the same games as ps2 but this is one of the most bad things for it as it to me looks like xbox gets sloppy seconds to what ps2 already had (gta's, tom and jerry and few others). in some cases tho the games are improved like in gta3/vc where it even beats the pc version.

the best thing for xbox tho is to mod the xbox since there are many apps/games/emus you can add and also be able to put in a bigger hdd to load up games,vids,music and whatever else (very helpfull if you wanna put a system in your car :P )

xbox does have a slight lack of support in some genres (rpg being the biggest problem and i highly doubt fable would make a dent) and also some companies still stick to the ps2 for exclusives like konami making mgs3, capcom street fighter aniversary + sf3 (usa exclusive), rockstar gta:san andreas, and just annouced ea battlefield. also online gaming seems more on ps2's side then xbox since sony allows 3rd parties to use their own servers where m$ runs the live servers and some companies don't agree with that (ea for one).

tough choice but to sum it up:

PS2 for games

XBOX for mods to allow apps/emus/games

Personally, I use :

PC => emulation on a 17'' screen ;

X-Box => emulation on TV + Media Player on TV too, commercial games on HDD ;

PS2 => PS1 & PS2 commercial games ;

DC => the last Capcom Arcade games + other commercial games ;

GC => Nintendo & RPG games.

Mr.X summed up pretty much everything there.

S-Video adaptered Video Card with computer with HDTV cababilities = the own.

xbox does have a slight lack of support in some genres (rpg being the biggest problem and i highly doubt fable would make a dent) and also some companies still stick to the ps2 for exclusives like konami making mgs3, capcom street fighter aniversary + sf3 (usa exclusive), rockstar gta:san andreas, and just annouced ea battlefield. also online gaming seems more on ps2's side then xbox since sony allows 3rd parties to use their own servers where m$ runs the live servers and some companies don't agree with that (ea for one).

You can get online with a special cable(forgot name) and use game spy to play multiplayer games like halo, it may be a little bit laggyer or laggy than xbox live but it's free.

Neither.

Upgrade your PC and stop using consoles.

WORD

:lol::P