Playstation 2 Vs Xbox

PS2, is more popular n sells more than both GC n Xbox.

And by A LOT.  I believe I read somewhere before that it sells more than both sysem's sales combined, so saying it's been on the market longer wont dispute that fact entirely.

And we all have to buy what everyone else does because they are always right, of course. :D

Anon.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with everything you guys are saying....

But the great thing about xbox is Xbox Live....and once Xbox  Live 3 gets released you will be able to verus people who have the same game but on the PC...

e.g.

UT2K4 for Xbox vs UT2K4 for PC

Well, ive had my xbox since 2002 and i have never used xbox live (for obvious reasons) but i really dont feel that ive missed out on anything spectacular seeing that i can still play online games via XBC and others.......

The fact that XBOX LIVE will eventually allow console vs pc only tells me they are still eating up the crumbs that PS2 leaves behind. (NFSU, FFXI, etc)

Even today, i still run back to the PC when i want to get a good online multi game goin. Theres just no comparrison.

And by A LOT.  I believe I read somewhere before that it sells more than both sysem's sales combined, so saying it's been on the market longer wont dispute that fact entirely.

And we all have to buy what everyone else does because they are always right, of course. :unsure:

Anon.

Hah, that's got nothing to do with it. The point is it sells more because it's POPULAR as i've said, n for a reason.

I've said this many times before and it would hurt to get my "view" out in the open...

Online multiplayer games should be for PCs. I've always liked the fact that the only multiplayer fun one's gonna get from a console comes from those extra controller ports.

Besides, I don't like the idea that I have to buy a games that cost a lot (in Europe anyways) and then pay some more so I can play it.

Back to topic, get a PS2....or better yet, get both. :unsure:

And we all have to buy what everyone else does because they are always right, of course. :unsure:

Anon.

Hah, that's got nothing to do with it. The point is it sells more because it's POPULAR as i've said, n for a reason.

I beg to differ. It is the case. People who owned the system and whose peers disbelieved the hype come to notice the qualities of the PS2. The reason why its popular is because of its HYPE. Yes, hype. The more hype there is, the more it sells, thus being more popular.

Why is everyone else buying it?

*Does reasearch*

SO THATS WHY!?

Its because of the hype its so popular. I doubt word of mouth would spread this much if there was no hype at all.

And we all have to buy what everyone else does because they are always right, of course. :D

Anon.

I beg to differ. It is the case. People who owned the system and whose peers disbelieved the hype come to notice the qualities of the PS2. The reason why its popular is because of its HYPE. Yes, hype. The more hype there is, the more it sells, thus being more popular.

Why is everyone else buying it?

*Does reasearch*

SO THATS WHY!?

Its because of the hype its so popular. I doubt word of mouth would spread this much if there was no hype at all.

Well duh, that's what popularity is, n u could say that about any of the systems. What antiwinner was saying is a bit different though because he's saying playstation buyers r just sheep who don't know any better. What ps2 buyers do know is the popularity is there for a reason, because ps2 has all the games n regardless of quality they stick by it.

Well duh, that's what popularity is, n u could say that about any of the systems.  What antiwinner was saying is a bit different though because he's saying playstation buyers r just sheep who don't know any better.  What ps2 buyers do know is the popularity is there for a reason, because ps2 has all the games n regardless of quality they stick by it.

I think the term for that sentence is, "Fanboy."

It's like this FPS Xbox hands down, anything else ps2, case closed.

Err..don't you mean:-

FPS - PC

Anything Else - PS2

Emulation - Xbox

Well not really becuase this thread is about "ps2 vs. xbox" not "pc vs. ps2. vs. xbox" I would say FPS on PC but not all console games come out on PC like medal of honor, well certain versions and not everybody can afford a $2000 compuer so that's like saying whcih should i buy a "corvett, a Porsch(sp?), or an F-16 Jet Fighter?" You see what im saying here?

ps2 $150

network adapter $40

HDD $99

= $290

xbox $150

network adapter $0

HDD $0

= $150

that's an extra $140 bucks just to catch up to the xbox's included features. at this stage in the game the xbox is the only real choice, unless you are a final fantasy fanboy. then get a ps2 so you can go watch charley's angels and play ffx2 all day. heheh

case closed.