Playstation 2 Vs Xbox

ok so im basically maybe im gonna decide to finally get myself a console. every time a new gen. machine comes out, i go out and buy it. like the dreamcast which i still have and love.

so im thinkin about gettin me a playstation 2, but the thought of the xbox still sits in the back of my head. tho i kno about playstation 2's capabilities, i ono a damn thing about the xbox...so i was wonderin, if i can get ur thoughts on which is better and why? :P

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well which games are you into? If you want RPG's the Ps2 is for you. If you want FPS then maybe you should try the Xbox. If you want Adventure games then I don't know which system you would prefer because both systems have pretty good adventure titles.

Well which games are you into? If you want RPG's the Ps2 is for you. If you want FPS then maybe you should try the Xbox. If you want Adventure games then I don't know which system you would prefer because both systems have pretty good adventure titles.

i like fighting, but we already kno where to go to for that one. but im not lookin for a system to play fighting games, imma be versitle and try everythin..thanx for ur responses everyone, that was fast haha

Yeah, it depends on what you like exactly. FPS and some stuff like that are fun with friends, and if you're one of those "the better graphics, the better game" then go with the xbox, unless you want a dvd player then ps2 unless you buy a dvd playback kit which is equivilant to a ps2 memory card, and the xbox already has online capabilitys, no need buy extra stuff except cables. You can stick music onto the xbox and play on some games. Xbox is cheaper, i'd say get all systems xbox, ps2, and a GC for mertroid prime and the RE series. :P

i like fighting, but we already kno where to go to for that one. but im not lookin for a system to play fighting games, imma be versitle and try everythin..thanx for ur responses everyone, that was fast haha

PS2 would be your choice but i hate the controller.

get a ps2 so you're not lining Gates' pockets (only... some rich executive... over at Sony :P. d'oh)

But seriously though, alot of the big-name games are coming out on both systems now, and I prefer the ps2-only titles over the x-box only titles, so i'd get a ps2 if I was in your shoes. Admittedly, though, the x-box is more powerful, and the ps2 nearer the end of its life. Also, I just found out yesterday that if you mod your x-box up properly you can run pc games on it. Plus I think there are more emulators for the x-box than for the ps2. Hmmm...maybe I would have got a ps2 over an x-box a year ago, but its starting to seem like the x-box is the way to go!

Maybe this gave you something to think about.

I own all of the consoles for this gen and this is what I recommend:-

Xbox - For emulation and media centre purposes (most of the games suck..but there are some great games)

PS2 - Great range of games, which covers all bases. Has some crappy games but also has great games (much like the xbox)

GC:- Great wholesome multiplayer fun. I play my GC the most out of all the consoles

DC:- Greatest console ever!!!!!

Edited by ForceX