Iwata has revealed the Revolution controller.

Gryph

I think Nintendo's gone flocking insane. There's innovation for the sake of gaming, and then there's innovation for the sake of innovation. Yeah, it's innovative, but it looks and sounds like complete and total crap.

And about the motion detection, I don't find the idea of waving your controller around like a god damned retard sounds fun in the slightest.

I really can't see how this can be fun. I really don't. I mean, I didn't like the DS' touch screen, and I still don't, but even then some games can be fun using it. Having to use this controller really looks like it'd kill the fun for me.

I was actually looking forward to the Revolution, since the 360 and the PS3 also look like crap. flock you, Nintendo.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dooz a little to insulting there for the guys that are trying to save video games :P, and not worrying as much about money as the other 2 companies making new systems -_-'...

Sega and nintendo should come together to make a system thats like Dreamcast, original :P

Save videogames? They're doing just as much to destroy gaming, just in a different way. They're being too innovative. It's like saying at some meeting, "Well, we're looking for a new way to play games... Let's play games by having to smash your head against walls in different ways!" "YEAH!" Yeah, it's new, but it's flocking retarded.

Don't outright bash it until you try it, it may wind up being absolutely awesome. Could you imagine having had the Gamecube controller as the controller on the NES? I bet you would have felt the same in that case.......

I think it's absolutely screwy too, but I'm not going to call it for being good or bad until I've tried it. Nintendo has a way with ergonomics, having two hands seperately controlling things is more natural, this may work out very well.

I dont think alot of people here have been to the arcades in awhile.

There is ALOT of stuff like this for teh arcades, Its fun, but at the same time, not really.

Yeah Nintendo came up with the original Idea, and everyone else basically made their own revisions to nintendo's controller, But, its like now, they are really doing WAY more than is needed. I agree completley in them being TOO innovative.

Sega took a chance with dreamcast making the VMUs, did they put a powerhouse color screen mega powerful gaming system in as a memory card? No they put something cheap, where if it didnt catch on it wouldnt really matter, whereas now, if this doesnt catch on, Nintendo is screwed because its the main point of their console.

I'll give it a chance, but i dunno, Its kinda like DDR.

Yeah DDR can be fun, but i dont always feel like hopping around like a retard, Just like i wont always feel like swinging a controller around like a retard.

i think the revolution is gonna have let games due to this controller and like some of u have said, it'll get boring after a while

Reading IGNs article, they stated that 1 player could use 2 of the controllers simultaneously. Imagine games where you could wield 2 swords at once, or 2 guns.

I'm starting to believe this controller is going to be awesome for certain things, and with a standard controller shell for mainstream games, there won't be any real issues.

I was asking myself, how do you play FPS games like that, i mean are you going to actually turn around completly or just move the control right to look right?

The other part of the nunchaku would be used for movement while the remote thing would be used for aiming, jumping, and shooting. It could truly be better than a mouse.