Iwata has revealed the Revolution controller.

Gryph

I actually like it.

And I've been out condemning Nintendo for the last 10 years... I said the Revolution was aglorified emulator...

but...

this controller has something charismatic about that controller. It and the GB Micro... for some reason are making me like the prospect of Nintendo's new line of things...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the fact that Nintendo is really taking a giant leap of faith and trying something new. Only after the games come out can any of us really say how good or bad it is.

Before the DS came out I thought it was stupid and the stylus would never work. After playing Meteos, the Kirby game, and Nintendogs I feel differently about it.

This controller could add a whole new type of interaction with games and I'm sure first party titles will use it to full advantage.

Well only time will tell how this well this controller does. And the possibility of new games would surely be interesting. In the meantime I'm going to go practice using my DVD remote so I'll be prepared :blink:

ummm, innovative? i ono what to say really. it looks like to be one of those products that is kinda ahead of our time. it sorta gives me a Eyetoy feeling, how u gotta move around like a lot to play a certain game, from what i see on the demo vid at least.

i guess ill have to wait to see it in action. but for me at least, nintendo hasnt improved on controllers since SNES, so im not gonna get too excited on this one.

I just died a little inside. As much as I want it to live on, it will ultimently decide one what the software can do with this hardware.

I own all said DS games in this thread and it changed my prespective a bit. Nintendo is the only company actually still trying overall. This controller just proves it. As much as I love Nintendo and want this to not come back to bit them in the ass, they'd need to offer both crowds something.

I just died a little inside. As much as I want it to live on, it will ultimently decide one what the software can do with this hardware.

I  own all said DS games in this thread and it changed my prespective a bit. Nintendo is the only company actually still trying overall. This controller just proves it. As much as I love Nintendo and want this to not come back to bit them in the ass, they'd need to offer both crowds something.

Innovate or Die...if this is Nintendo's last hurrah, in the end they can say they put it all on the line. :P

Edited by Sturmvogel

I  own all said DS games in this thread and it changed my prespective a bit. Nintendo is the only company actually still trying overall. This controller just proves it. As much as I love Nintendo and want this to not come back to bit them in the ass, they'd need to offer both crowds something.

Innovate or Die...if this is Nintendo's last hurrah, in the end they can say they put it all on the line. :P

I agree, this is could very well their last chance. I really hope they suceed, because with the sales of the DS and it's games, who knows, maybe their offer of a unique experience mean all their heartship and let downs will pay off.