Iwata has revealed the Revolution controller.

Gryph

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was asking myself, how do you play FPS games like that, i mean are you going to actually turn around completly or just move the control right to look right?

The other part of the nunchaku would be used for movement while the remote thing would be used for aiming, jumping, and shooting. It could truly be better than a mouse.

it'll take me sometime to get use to that but i don't play FPS games on console that much anyway.

Theres no way its going to be as accurate as a mouse.

There are TONS of games in arcades that use this techonology and sometimes take it even further by detecting your entire body movement, its REALLY not as good as it sounds, not because it doesnt work well detecting it right, but because its just not a very fun way to play games

Then what the flock is this topic for if we can't voice our opinions? "Yeah, I saw the controller." "Yeah, me too" "Hey, I did too. I'd tell you guys what I think of it, but becuase my opinion isn't acceptable, I won't. HAVE A GOOD DISCUSSION." "KTHX BTW I saw it too."

Seriously, wtf?

lol, i know my ranting may seem like bashing, but honestly, i am really eager to try it, I was really eager to try the DS, my brother bought one and i play it all the time, i probably seem like a nintendo-hater.

In my opinion, Sony and Microsoft should get the hell out, they really dont know crap about games, they just make consoles, Nintendo/Sega/Atari/etc are the ones that know alot about games (well, maybe not Atari anymore, the ORIGINAL atari)

Theres no way its going to be as accurate as a mouse.

There are TONS of games in arcades that use this techonology and sometimes take it even further by detecting your entire body movement, its REALLY not as good as it sounds, not because it doesnt work well detecting it right, but because its just not a very fun way to play games

I don't know but I've used Gyration mouses (the technology this controller is based off of) and I found it to be quite precise although a bit odd to get used to. They have surely improved upon the technology so I expect it to be as precise as a mouse. I think some people may be getting confused and thinking you have to hold and use it like a light gun like in House of the Dead. From the write ups I've read from the journalists who have used it, it sounds like a flick of a wrist is sensitive enough (which is pretty much how you handle a regular mouse).

And I am the kind of person that thinks console FPSes are an abomination (besides GoldenEye -_-) and regular console controllers are horrible for that genre. I won't knock it before I try it but I will go ahead and mock it. :P

Yeah, console controllers, arent nearly as good as a mouse, i agree there.

i know you dont have to be swinging your arms everywhere, but im sure some kinds of crazy games are going to require you too.

I think i have another example, The EyeToy, Its fun, i like the idea, its innovative, but its never truely caught on, and sometimes i dont feel like moving around and hopping around to play a video game.

Gryph I ment cameramovement (wasnt discriptive enough), you know how you slide a mouse to the right to make the fps game turn right, you think it'll be like that exept you slide the controller to the side of the screen?