Iwata has revealed the Revolution controller.

Gryph

im not too impressed with square....

But anyway, im not saying Nintendo is completley horrible, I think Nintendogs is fun too, Nintendo has ALOT of great games, i just think they are focusing on the wrong areas.

I mean crap man, Im all for original games, My favorite console is the DREAMCAST for crying out loud, with games like Seaman and Rez!!! If THATS not original and a breath of fresh air I dont know what is!

I just dont see how im going to get any game playing done with a motion sensing remote that has less than 5 buttons.

Im sure they will come out with some fresh ideas, and it will work for awhile, but developers are just going to get sick of it after awhile and it will just become a pain in the ass.

I mean, over half the DS games i have done really even use the bottom screen for anything terribly important. But when a game DOES use it, its pretty neat.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another good interview: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=60917

Eurogamer: A lot of Nintendo's previous controller concepts have been adopted by your competitors. Are you worried they're going to nick this idea too?

Jim Merrick: Of course! As someone pointed out to me today, here we are, about to throw away 20 years of controller designs - designs which Nintendo came up with! There will be an influence on the industry, absolutely. That said, Nintendo will aggressively protect its intellectual property.

I was actually going to use the fishing controllers as an example, Thats what i mean, Its going to be cool for awhile, and its going to work well for alot of games, But you have to admit, 99% of games are going to need a normal style controller.

While that may be true, and I respect them for it, Its not going to work here in teh states, people here are too stubborn.

Importing games from Japan is the number 1 way to go i think, they are alot more open minded over there.

And 2004/2005 have been dubbed years of teh sequels, I dunno whats up with that, but it does seem to be slowing down, im getting annoyed with it too.

Except for teh Katamari Demacy Sequel, That is perfectly okay :banghead:

Honestly, if it wasnt for that shell thing they where talking about, The system just would NOT work for most modern games.

Heres a mock up of what it might look like

understanding-the-revolution-controller-20050916041026412-000.jpg

I think the entire RPG Genre has been taking a hit lately, someone needs to revolutionize it. (Uh oh, that might have been a corny pun)

I want a new Skies Of Arcadia game, omg that game was so underrated, its genious....

The new graphics on all this systems will be revolutinary enough for me. Since RPG's mostly have all the same concept different bts

didnt gryph show us a link with pictures of that? btw its unofficial so that might not be it at all :s

i always thought it would be cool to have some kind of pinball machine controller, but a pinball game would get pretty boring after awhile lol, the real thing is much better.

Another thing i thought of, is if you have to be swinging the controllers around to play this, arent there going to be alot of accidental injuries during multiplayer?