WWF Summerslam Results

Skythe

Also, K'Dash what makes you say that Orton is getting pushed too fast. He is an awesome wrestler whose talent has been wasted for so long with him being in HHH's shadow.

I quit following WWE so it wouldn't matter a whole load to me like it does to the people who watch it.

It's garbage. It's too fast, he should still be a mid-carder, he's a good wrestler I agree, but champion? No, he's not, not right now.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, K'Dash what makes you say that Orton is getting pushed too fast. He is an awesome wrestler whose talent has been wasted for so long with him being in HHH's shadow.

I quit following WWE so it wouldn't matter a whole load to me like it does to the people who watch it.

It's garbage. It's too fast, he should still be a mid-carder, he's a good wrestler I agree, but champion? No, he's not, not right now.

I dun mind the push. It open up a lot of storylines possibilities like the breaking up of Evolution (which has happened) :P

He's pushed too fast because he hasn't been in the biz long enough to pay his dues. Look at the past champs who have really made a huge impact on wrestling: Bret, Austin, HBK, Triple H, Benoit etc, they all had long illustrous careers filled with ups and downs before got their first world title. An when they finally got the belt, you could really feel like they earned it.

Orton? How many years does he have under his wing? Just one IC title reign (which ended fairly recently too) and he's now pushed to main event status. Yes, I agree he has the raw talent, but so do many other mid-carders. W/o his family connections pulling strings behind the scenes, Orton would probably be some jobber on Heat or Velocity today.

Pft...the Rock...this guy is the greatest.

The_Macho_Man_Randy_Savage_-_Randy_Poffo_13.jpg

Hahahaha... Macho Man Randy Savage. :P I haven't seen any pictures of him since I played WWF Superstars on my Gameboy.

He's pushed too fast because he hasn't been in the biz long enough to pay his dues. Look at the past champs who have really made a huge impact on wrestling: Bret, Austin, HBK, Triple H, Benoit etc, they all had long illustrous careers filled with ups and downs before got their first world title. An when they finally got the belt, you could really feel like they earned it.

Orton? How many years does he have under his wing? Just one IC title reign (which ended fairly recently too) and he's now pushed to main event status. Yes, I agree he has the raw talent, but so do many other mid-carders. W/o his family connections pulling strings behind the scenes, Orton would probably be some jobber on Heat or Velocity today.

Family pulling string?

What r u talking about?

Orton is one of my favorite wrestlers. My ONLY objection to him gaining the title as fast as he did is that he did not go through a good face period.

I feel a wrestler should prove he can play both roles well BEFORE gaining the title.

But if he is going to turn face then maybe it will not be too bad. I am sure he could pull it off.

And what is all this talk about too many gimmicks nowdays? o_O I guess everyone that is thinking back to the old days forgets Taker dying a few times. Kane shooting Lightning. People getting kidnapped, Taker vs Taker, Birdman, Goldust stories, etc...

Guys...everyone knows that Macho Man Randy Savage is a has-been. He would get his candy ass kicked by the Rock and Orton.

I might agree about the Macho Man from the pics shown. But you must not remember the Macho Man when he returned to WCW with Sid and Gorgous George. That Macho would mess Orton up! OOOOHHH YEAH!

And the Kane gimmick is not odd. Reminds me of the time Brian Pillman won Goldust's wife from him. I bet that in the end Lita really liked Kane better anyway and is going for a heel turn. The new Diva that wins could be a replacement face.

Not that it matters since IMO Trish and Molly are the only good Diva's there are.

Edited by The TeamPlayer

Not that it matters since IMO Trish and Molly are the only good Diva's there are.

And they know how to _actually_ wrestle. I'm not saying Lita knows how either, it's just, it's nice seeing women who can actually do something.

The women's division isn't about wrestling. It's a big marketing gimmick designed to draw viewership from the pimple faced, hormone charged American teenage punk by exposing as much breast and ass possible on national TV.