King Of Fighters: Maximum Impact

I dont think it's a "king of fighters" i just think it's another fatal fury.

...well...you're sorta right...since the tournament that took place in the Fatal Fury games was always called "The King of Fighters"...i mean, just look at the character select screen for the first Fatal Fury...

Edited by Riot.EXE

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...well...you're sorta right...since the tournament that took place in the Fatal Fury games was always called "The King of Fighters"...i mean, just look at the character select screen for the first Fatal Fury...

Well its not Fatal Fury. Because the video has this brief into where the years 1994,1995,1996,1997,1998,1999,2000,2001,2002, and 2003 flash by. And then it goes KOF.

So its KOF KOF, not Fatal Fury KOF. ;)

...You know. To be honest, I don't like the idea of it going 3D. That's just me.

seriously

I know it's a kof, what i meant is that i dont think the game is going to have like 40 characters and 3 fighters per team, or maybe im wrong. I had posted up the trailer in some previous post, it might be at ign but i got it from some spanish fan site. The game could be like a SFIII where they just put in a whole bunch of new fighters to replace some of the old ones.

Being a KoF fan...I'll give my 2 cents...

...I'm fine with it going 3-D...if they screw up, shame on them...if they don't, good for them, there's 2 other KoF's coming anyways (personally, I'm lookin' forward to KoF '04, 'cause it will be the series Tenth anniversary)...

...storywise...I think it'll take the path of the GBA games (Neo Blood was between '99 and '00 and Howling Blood was between '00 and '01) and possibly King of Fighters Kyo...

...Gameplay wise...I'm hoping the depth will stay, and possibly increase being in the third dimension and all (remember how the first KoF's had sidestepping?) and the balance between fighters is a good one...as for the bosses...I'm expecting them to be cheap as usual (as all SNK fighting games are...Power Instinct: Matrimelee still takes the cake for cheapest boss ever...however Mukai and Adel weren't too bad in '03)

...Character Design wise...I think it will generally be good, but I wouldn't be suprised to see a couple goofy ass designs thrown in there...

...Music wise...it all depends...KoF generally had good music (except for '99...that soundtrack sucked...and '97 didn't really have music at all) so my hopes aren't too high, nor too low...

...overall I'll just wait and see...it could be the Shattered Soldier for KoF, or it could be the Legacy of War...so lets not complain just yet guys...

...by the way...Purists suck!

Well its not Fatal Fury. Because the video has this brief into where the years 1994,1995,1996,1997,1998,1999,2000,2001,2002, and 2003 flash by. And then it goes KOF.

So its KOF KOF, not Fatal Fury KOF. ;)

I know that...I just stated the FF thing now so no one else would bring it up and start an argument...I think the FFKoF thing was purely coincidence...but it was still always called that in the story...strange...

...You know. To be honest, I don't like the idea of it going 3D. That's just me.

seriously

Why? Think about it for a second, there is not much left to do with KOF 2D wise. It's pretty much peaked game play wise. Sure you can update the graphics but that’s about it. Every 2D game that has gone 3D has failed but I think this is going to be different. They need to try something new.

seriously

Why? Think about it for a second, there is not much left to do with KOF 2D wise. It's pretty much peaked game play wise. Sure you can update the graphics but that’s about it. Every 2D game that has gone 3D has failed but I think this is going to be different. They need to try something new.

I think KOF 2D has a long way to go. It hasn't peaked yet because a good developer will be clever and come up with new things for each game. There's plenty to do with 2D KOF.

And this 3D KOF is a different part of the KOF plot continuem. Just like Street Fighter EX games. New characters and all but completely off from the true Street Fighter plot.

And Mario didn't fail when it went 3D. Neither did Mario Karts. Or Zelda. Or Duke Nukem. Or Doom. ;)

Long live 2D!!

seriously

I think KOF 2D has a long way to go. It hasn't peaked yet because a good developer will be clever and come up with new things for each game. There's plenty to do with 2D KOF.

And this 3D KOF is a different part of the KOF plot continuem. Just like Street Fighter EX games. New characters and all but completely off from the true Street Fighter plot.

And Mario didn't fail when it went 3D. Neither did Mario Karts. Or Zelda. Or Duke Nukem. Or Doom. ;)

Long live 2D!!

I didn’t know what the hell you were talking about at first but than I realized what I had typed. I meant every 2D fighting game that went 3D has failed.

seriously

Long live 2D!!

I didn’t know what the hell you were talking about at first but than I realized what I had typed. I meant every 2D fighting game that went 3D has failed.

Yeah, pretty much. :o So sad.

King of Fighters have been 2D for so long, especially when it was SNK.  But eh, now we're going to 3D.  But then again, this is going to be for PS2. 2D games is slowly fading, aside from...Neo Blood series and Guilty Gear X. But eh. Maybe I'm overexaggerating, but I will at least give this game a chance to see how it comes out.

Let's just hope that it's good.

c'mon, you know you wanna see Mai in 3d :o;)

Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition. The only Hyper Neo-Geo 64 title worth playing.
I agree with you there Edited by Weirdanzeige