King Of Fighters: Maximum Impact

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think it's a "king of fighters" i just think it's another fatal fury.

Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition. The only Hyper Neo-Geo 64 title worth playing.

Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition is awesome...but the PSX port is not very good...

I hope that they can still keep the fast and furious nature of a 2D fighter within this game. One thing I don't like about 3D fighters is their combo system. They're all dial'em combos. You can't just make up your own combos which is sad because one of the joys of a fighting game is hitting somebody with a combo that you found out. Also, there are no combo exhibitions in fighters like that.

I especially hope this game isn't like Tekken 4. The match is two people staggering back and forth with them baiting each other with moves until one person has a big enough opening to launch a 7-hit combo that takes away 70% of the other person's life and match is pretty much over from their.

I hope they've learned from that horrible game, Fatal Fury:Wild Ambition (I've only played the PSX port), as well.

Edited by Lightsier

I hope that they can still keep the fast and furious nature of a 2D fighter within this game.  One thing I don't like about 3D fighters is their combo system.  They're all dial'em combos.  You can't just make up your own combos which is sad because one of the joys of a fighting game is hitting somebody with a combo that you found out.  Also, there are no combo exhibitions in fighters like that.

I especially hope this game isn't like Tekken 4.  The match is two people staggering back and forth with them baiting each other with moves until one person has a big enough opening to launch a 7-hit combo that takes away 70% of the other person's life and match is pretty much over from their.

I hope they've learned from that horrible game, Fatal Fury:Wild Ambition (I've only played the PSX port), as well.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!! Every combo has already been written down in the game move list, you cant make up you're own and impress your friends or trick people in the arcade, it's all protocol. Oh well no bodys perfect, except JC but he had no immortality :P

The video was on KOFCyberfan. SNK's 2D games have been doing better then Capcom was [on a world wide scale](SF is mostly known in 2 places, Japan, and the USA, KOF is known world wide, from Japan all the way to Latin America). They have more success in the 2D Fighting game field then no other. The SF 3D games are underrated and 2/3rds of them sucked. The winning formual isnt 3D, but a flexible system that i can be played in a 3d envoiroment (MKDA is a prime example, the system is flexible for custom combos, even though they show novice-to-expert combos in the training guide. Dont give me that VF combo system crap, because I don't see one at all, just mindless cornor kick juggling.

Edited by K`dash

This little project might turn alright...

Maybe another Project Justice (which, by the way, if you haven't already heard my rants on it, is an EXTREMELY awesome game for the DC). :P

Anon.

LOL! STFU already, we get it, project justice kicks azz!

This little project might turn alright...

Maybe another Project Justice (which, by the way, if you haven't already heard my rants on it, is an EXTREMELY awesome game for the DC). :P

Anon.

Got it. Just burned it man. I love it.