Edited by -VIOLENCE-

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is hex?

is it easy to learn?  :P

hex=hexidecimal, a base 16 numbering system. Decimal is base 10

In hex, there are 16 digits: 0,1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A(10), B(11), C(12), D(13), E(14), F(15)

I found a page on the net that should be able to explain it. Go here.

One thing that page doesn't mention is how to split the roms. After you open up your command prompt, what I did was unzip that file from the page onto the desktop, then extracted from kof2003.zip the p1 and p2 files. They have to be in hte same directory, I picked the desktop cuz it's easy to manage. in your dos prompt, type "cd desktop" to get to the desktop, that's how it is for me onxp anyway. once there, type test_px. It chops them up nicely :P

hey guuys..i got the kof2003 for mame..and you knwo what/.im disappointe din snk/playmore..i had lots of expectations for kof2003..the ldm.is horrible.and argh.. yea disappointed me alot.. but is it out for winkawaks..kawaks is the best emulator out there.hm.. it'll be great if someone could fix that up quickly..

argh!!! kof2003 is not that good!!!! :P

always have low expectations and you'll always be impressed :P

------------------------------------------------------------------

As for kawaks itself, ppl are crackin the p1 rom in the meantime...

can u get fullscreen netplay for kawaks?

I don't know why, but yes this does make it load tremendously slowly. Perhaps if you put in your dat file the crc of the test.rom you made? Maybe that would help. I figured the guy had a bad computer is what he meant by it taking 17 mins to load, but my system is awesome and it's at the 5 minute mark now, still not loaded. Anyway, this project is worth the time.

[edit] I'm assuming the game acutally loaded within seconds... and just loaded to a black screen... I hope I'm right... if not I'll have to start all over once i get through :P

Edited by cosmic_lord

Anyone know if their are cheats out yet. I can't beat the game with the Korea team. I beat it with Garou, Benimaru, The Guardian or whatever it's called, and Hero. But I can't beat the damn game with the Korea team!

There are cheats out, both using dip switches and such, and there's actually a push button code you can enter on the actual arcades, well you could push in the buttons on your emu but since it's an emu there are ways to permanently enable the bosses anyway :P

Anyway, the problem with this method, I got through with it so I'm assuming that my assumption of it loading within seconds was wrong. I'm starting over and waiting until it either has an error or the bios comes up. Anyway, this will take time... but what the problem will be, is that it's possible the files were chopped up into smaller pieces than 1MB and put together wrong. If it's like that, you'd have to chop them up into even smaller pieces, and that of course, would make more combinations to try and more time it would take, especially at 17 minutes per load.

Wow, this is the best Kof scince 98, All the characters are animated perfectly and the pace of the game is so exciting, the 3 on 3 thing works great and the specials are all very easy and smooth to preform unlike some of the other versions, the backgrounds are a little dull thats all. Kof 2002 was one of the worst kof games I had ever played it had no soul and very ugly BG. I was losing hope, but this delivered. Thanks guys for helping me to get this working. :P