PlayStation 3 Officially Announced for 2006

Gryph

From psphacker...

E3 2005: PS3 & PSP Buddies

Source: IGN

Sony's handheld can be used to play with PS3 games.

In its PS3 unveiling, SCE announced that the PlayStation 3 would have support for USB 2.0, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and online networking. Those first two are the biggest concerns for PSP owners, as Sony officially confirmed that the Wi-Fi configuration of the PS3 would allow the PSP to wirelessly connect with the home console. No wires, no connectors, no muss, no fuss. Of course, the PSP also has outlets for the USB 2.0, which might allow for corded connections as well as wireless, if necessary.

PSP won't just be used for wireless file transfers -- according to the official specs for the system, the PSP can be used as a controller for the console. Whether PSP will be used as a PS3 controller much is up to developers -- the GBA and GameCube got along great together, and the PSP obviously has a lot more capable hardware to do interesting things than that duo. Whether PS3 developers enjoy that gimmick of a system with a full-color screen or else decide to stick to the more complicated PS3 controller configuration is a matter we will find out in time.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it were a woman I'd call it Suzie and marry it.

Godamn its sexy, 360 got owned.

If Revolution pulls through then the next XB will again be the fugliest of the three.

I like the change to the controllers but not sure if they will be comfortable.

OoOOOOO  :rofl:...so i guess we'll start seeing 1-7 players label on ps3 games? funny...

I imagine that you will be able to use a combination of wireless and wired controllers to achieve an even 8 players simultaneously, but of course that's just a guess.

Yes, it can. In the PS3 presentation they showed it can be connected to USB.

ps3bbq2.jpg

OoOOOOO  :)...so i guess we'll start seeing 1-7 players label on ps3 games? funny...

I imagine that you will be able to use a combination of wireless and wired controllers to achieve an even 8 players simultaneously, but of course that's just a guess.

Yes, it can. In the PS3 presentation they showed it can be connected to USB.

ps3bbq2.jpg

:P That would be such a ripoff if sony said everyone had to buy thier own cooling

I'm still laughing at the fact that some of you are actually buying into Sony's numbers there with processor comparison. Care to tell me how Sony managed to test Microsofts console to obtain these numbers? And where's the facts to back up those numbers? Oh and where's the impartial 3rd party to go "Uh huh, it's da truf!"?

I think Microsofts campaign with the "on paper" stuff with the Xbox proved it meant nothing, because face it, the Gamecube IS more powerful on paper and off, not the Xbox.......but the games matter, and fact is, Xbox simply had/has more.

I play what I want to, I don't drool over something and follow everyone elses lead like a lost little sheep. If you can afford it, buy all 3, I know I will if I can. Especially since I didn't get a PS2 (I did feel it was over-hyped, I was mad at Sony), now I can get this and still "technically" have a PS2.

Stop being sheep!

...But I like being a bit "sheepish" about this issue. And I still think that the PS2 is what i wanted it to be. Sure, it's not the same for everybody, but for me it was enough.

I really , truthfully, am either gonna get pissed off and go straight out with xbox since I can't wait to play a next gen game, or am gonna wait a month after ps3's release to make my final decision