PlayStation 3 Officially Announced for 2006

Gryph

hahaha do it~!

anyways, ps3 controller has been leaving a bad taste in my mouth since last night. i pray to whoever it is in charge that the damn thing is super comfy. bc it doesnt look like it. i complain and complain about how Nintendo never had any comfy controller since the SNES (and i was a kid with kiddy hands).

Despite the silly ass "bean" buttons for X and Y, I think the Gamecube controller is by far the most ergonomical and comfortable controller ever. The SNES pad was pretty comfy, but what was there to compare it to at the time besides Sega's clunky ass giganti-pads? The stab-you-in-the-palms NES blocks. :P

And I'm going off-topic here.....so please don't drag this out.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not rooting for any of them. In fact, I think it'd be funny if all of them fail, not because I'm primarily a PC gamer, but because I like to watch entropy in action and see big things flop. tongue.gif As the famous quote goes, "the higher you are, the harder you fall."

so in the end he is a fan of ms without even knowing it...

I wish pc gaming was good... but tell u the truth. How often do u invite a friend over to play pc games with u? can u sit back in a lazy boy with a huge nice screen with great suround sound while downing a nice big sandwich cussing at ur friend beside u sniping at u from far away in some misc FPS... oh and what about fighting games.... man pc = no fighting games.

PC gamers just miss out on what gaming is all about. Sure now and then one or two titles has to be played. But it never last. With all the console hype... pc gaming isnt gona get any better either.

How am I fan of MS just because I use Windows? I use it but I'm no fan of it. I'd switch in a heartbeat if games were widely available on any other OS.

Well I'm one of the only ones in my group of friends who still plays games so that's a big reason, and even I don't play games that much. I rarely have time to sit back in a lazy boy and eat a sandwhich and play a game at the same time...I'm far too orderly for that. But when we did, we had a lot more fun playing Doom, Rise of the Triad, Duke Nukem 3D, Tribes, StarCraft, CS, UT, Quake I, II, and III over a LAN. Hell, even the fighting games we played we did with NeoRageX, since you know, SNK makes (made) the best fighters. :P The only console game we ever seriously played in a group was GoldenEye and that lasted for only a few months. Different platforms are for different people who have different personalities and different tastes in gaming.

The types of games I enjoy are best played on PC: FPS, RTS, turn based strategy (I'm talking about the low budget WWII sim games), God games, click and point adventures, and real RPGs. But it's not like I don't enjoy console games, some are very good but nothing recent has really caught me by the balls. Maybe something will this generation, I hope so since I'm losing interest in gaming on ALL platforms.

Oh yeah, and the controller looks more like this and is quite comfortable (I've already posted it):

alpspad.jpg

Right on buddy.......I'm more of a PC gamer than anything, and I'll tell you this.

I play a good 20 commercial games on LINUX! Good ones too, like Quake 3, UT etc.....why? Because Linux pwnz joo! :P

Sorry, I'm getting a little overbearing and easily excited. Maybe it's time to log off for tonight?

I'll switch one day...one day! I swear!

ANYWAY! Let's get back on topic.

How do you think this thing is going to be cooled? This doesn't have too many holes and no exhaust in the back.

look at any super computer kitchen ampliences and check how there cooled.

ROOFLES......every smart appliance you see out there is running nothing more than a simple PLC and WindowsCE or an equivalent. Trust me, not much cooling required for something with ON-DIE everything running at 33mhz. The line I run at work runs a rather large, in comparison PLC and WinCE, passive cooling only in the panel itself......and thats only because it's right beside a 350 degree oven. lol

Anyway, they probably have a badass passive cooling solution coupled with an active one that doesn't require much ventilation. Oh and they mentioned it was running PowerPC (Whats with this? All 3 are running a PowerPC of some kind....) and they don't run nearly as hot as our loveable x86s.

Regardless of that, where have we seen any pics of the BOTTOM? My satelite recievers vents are in the bottom, so too are they on my VCR.....and my DVD player. Why not on this?

First time I was being sarcastic and someone takes it seriously , wow....

Like I said in my previous post.......maybe I'm getting a little too overbearing. I think I may need some sleep. :P

look at any super computer kitchen ampliences and check how there cooled.

Anyway, they probably have a badass passive cooling solution coupled with an active one that doesn't require much ventilation. Oh and they mentioned it was running PowerPC (Whats with this? All 3 are running a PowerPC of some kind....) and they don't run nearly as hot as our loveable x86s.

Regardless of that, where have we seen any pics of the BOTTOM? My satelite recievers vents are in the bottom, so too are they on my VCR.....and my DVD player. Why not on this?

Yup, all 3 are using some form of the PowerPC. IBM is such a whore. :P But I remember reading that the CELL had heat issues but might be the reason they scaled the speed down the 3.2 ghz instead of the 4 ghz+ it was running at the unveiling.

And yes, they do show the bottom.

aae7lc.jpg

Hmm but that doesn't show an angled shot. Maybe the vents are on the side of the bottom section there? Or maybe they've got some alien technology going on? Yeah, the guy in charge at Sony........is a Martian!