PlayStation 3 Officially Announced for 2006

Gryph

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one thing to say.... FUGLY!!!!!. It looks like a damn 3DO FZ-10 in silver, and the controller looks like a flocking bat-a-rang.

lol Batman!!

Anyways, this looks impressive, and on I was kinda hoping sony was just overexagerating with this one, but damn, those specs make the system look like it costs more then my computer >.>.

well if its comfy, then good. but man, it does look like a bat-a-rang.

another thought on the system since im on a next-gen con high right now. the ps3 looks very...unique.. the reason why i like ps3 more than 360 is bc sony took it to the next level with console design. whereas the 360, the first xbox shouldve looked like the 360, and the actual xbox shouldve went to hell haha.

Edited by BoomBa_GoosE

I have one thing to say.... FUGLY!!!!!. It looks like a damn 3DO FZ-10 in silver, and the controller looks like a flocking bat-a-rang.

yep.. when i first saw the controler i was like no way thats gota be fake. I mean what u gona do when u get bored play boomarang? Stupidest design ever.. i hope they rethink that one. And the system... the xbox 360 may not have the greatest design but man thats dumb looking? why does it have a curved top? talk about not fitting in. Forget ever putting anything on the top of the system its just gona roll right off.

sonyforeman.jpg

:):lol: I knew something looked fishy.

Edited by Bluestinger X

the controller sux!!!! it looks big and wouldn't fit ur hands very well, too bad they couldn't use the old controller any more

it seems like its wireless, so wireless is the new norm. too bad there isnt any word for rechargable stations for it. im still weird on the controllers though...*sigh*

Well, the XBox360 wireless controllers will charge when they're plugged in with a USB cable. I suspect the PS3 controllers will do the same, since it's not that hard to implement and the system has the ports for it. Hell, I charge my GBA SP from my PS2's USB ports all the time. :)

yep.. when i first saw the controler i was like no way thats gota be fake. I mean what u gona do when u get bored play boomarang? Stupidest design ever.. i hope they rethink that one. And the system... the xbox 360 may not have the greatest design but man thats dumb looking? why does it have a curved top? talk about not fitting in. Forget ever putting anything on the top of the system its just gona roll right off.

I agree on the controller, I'm not that keen on it - but as long as it's more comfortable than it looks, I won't mind. As for the system - I rather like the sleek, unobtrusive look. It looks more like a serious piece of electronics than the 360s "one step up from an IMac" appearance. I mean, is the big, gaudy green circle really necessary? It all comes down to personal taste though.

Humor: http://homepage.mac.com/stevyn/images/ps3grill.jpg

Edit: In retrospect, if they added fresh-grilled, juicy burgers in 20 minutes to the PS3's feature list, I don't think I'd mind so much. :lol:

Edited by Daeval

haha grill. u guys are hilarious....

back to the controller. yes, it sure is weird looking. but if there is comfort, id go for it. i personally liked the fat dreamcast controllers and the fat xbox ones too. to me its comfortable. so if this weird lookin thing is comfortable, whatever, great i guess.

love the look of the console i wont judge the controllers till i get one in my hands i hated the ps1 controllers when it first came out cuz i was used to the snes and saturn controllers but im not conflicted on which system to get im getting both.

haha i like the way u think.

i too am thinkin of investing in both. i never had an xbox, so having a 360 with the backwards playback can really be good for me. and ps3, its a playstation so of course imma get it.

holy crap, im posting too much....i need to rest.