PlayStation 3 Officially Announced for 2006

Gryph

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I'm giving it 3 months (3 months after the 3rd system hits the shelves)

I want to see which one I want first, then I'll let my wallet decide which one I can have next. By then there'll be some games to help me decide, and a good look at the prices of all of them.

I'm still laughing at the fact that some of you are actually buying into Sony's numbers there with processor comparison. Care to tell me how Sony managed to test Microsofts console to obtain these numbers? And where's the facts to back up those numbers? Oh and where's the impartial 3rd party to go "Uh huh, it's da truf!"?

I think Microsofts campaign with the "on paper" stuff with the Xbox proved it meant nothing, because face it, the Gamecube IS more powerful on paper and off, not the Xbox.......but the games matter, and fact is, Xbox simply had/has more.

I play what I want to, I don't drool over something and follow everyone elses lead like a lost little sheep. If you can afford it, buy all 3, I know I will if I can. Especially since I didn't get a PS2 (I did feel it was over-hyped, I was mad at Sony), now I can get this and still "technically" have a PS2.

Stop being sheep!

It's all about hype until launch day. And hell, for some companies, it remains about hype right through to the next generation (*cough*ms*cough*). I don't think anyone takes these numbers without a grain of salt. More importantly, it's the games that matter, and I've yet to see anything from any system that wins me over instantly. For now, all three companies are hype machines, that is the very job description of the people who show you this stuff - but that doesn't mean it isn't fun to watch the show.

That said, my faith for now lies with Sony and Nintendo. They have much better track records to look back on - with a few glaring black marks here and there. Whether by their own hand or through 3rd parties, Sony and Nintendo were able to deliver good gameplay in this generation, and that's what I want out of the next. MS pretty much had what it hyped in this generation - pretty graphics and a few mediocre FPS games - that's great for casual gamers, but not enough for me. That said, any one of the three could turn it around in the coming generation, and I'm keeping my eye on all of them.

look, just bc all these pressentations for new consoles are hype, it doesnt mean we cant have fun with it. i mean, yah i got the ps3 pics up for my signature, im excited, im ecstatic...thats what the spirit of e3 is all about. its a huge time for teasers. just like movies, u see a movie teaser for star wars, u dont know if its gonna suck or not, yet millions of fans still get wet over the fact that there is such thing thats comin up. these new generation consoles are my star wars trailers. there isnt enough concrete proof to enhance the credability of these products, but sure is great to see that there are new toys to play with in the near future....

bah u know ill probably end up buying a ps3 someday.. but at launch ? hell no im gona laugh at all the kids who pay to much for that hype machine. I wana see how fast the parts break as well....

Anyways "my" faith is in nintendo as well and microsoft. Sony has been around to long hyping crap and charging to much for stuff. the ps2 is still $150!?!? and its been out the longest and is the cheapest of the three systems to make.

I like xbox.. its a great system. Ps2 fanboys are just to blind to see that... Seriously what the hell is really wrong with the system? What they actully wana compete with sony? Hell i think they are making the console world better by stiring up crap. The harder MS trys to outdue the hype of sony actully makes sony get off there cheap asses and do some stuff for the consumer. We all know sony will make a better online service this time just cause thats how MS has gotten up so fast.

Anyways Im rooting for 360... I cant wait to take games like PD0 and GR3 on xbox live and play against buds ive made over the years.

This is a rather old comic but I think it applies here.

050404.jpg

I'm not rooting for any of them. In fact, I think it'd be funny if all of them fail, not because I'm primarily a PC gamer, but because I like to watch entropy in action and see big things flop. :P As the famous quote goes, "the higher you are, the harder you fall."

oh i agree. ill end up gettin ps3, but hell no not at launch. i guess i can be considered a sony fan boy and u know what, i think xbox is a fantastic machine. my friends have one and i wish i had one. great multiplayer value. only if it had the backup from 3rd party developers, it wouldve been a whole different story.

but so far, Ps3 has shown the most promise out of the 3 big companies. now, it just has to step up to the plate and show us that "real time" power of the Cell..

Edited by BoomBa_GoosE

Alright...here is a picture of the back of the controller (I don't think this has been posted here):

sce105.jpg

I also have a very obscene GIF of the controller in action and if I were to show it here I would most likely get banned.

hahaha do it~!

anyways, ps3 controller has been leaving a bad taste in my mouth since last night. i pray to whoever it is in charge that the damn thing is super comfy. bc it doesnt look like it. i complain and complain about how Nintendo never had any comfy controller since the SNES (and i was a kid with kiddy hands).

I'm not rooting for any of them. In fact, I think it'd be funny if all of them fail, not because I'm primarily a PC gamer, but because I like to watch entropy in action and see big things flop. tongue.gif As the famous quote goes, "the higher you are, the harder you fall."

so in the end he is a fan of ms without even knowing it...

I wish pc gaming was good... but tell u the truth. How often do u invite a friend over to play pc games with u? can u sit back in a lazy boy with a huge nice screen with great suround sound while downing a nice big sandwich cussing at ur friend beside u sniping at u from far away in some misc FPS... oh and what about fighting games.... man pc = no fighting games.

PC gamers just miss out on what gaming is all about. Sure now and then one or two titles has to be played. But it never last. With all the console hype... pc gaming isnt gona get any better either.

Edited by Bluestinger X