What are your other interests besides computers?

Alpha

Well, I'm a huge anime fan, but I wouldn't call myself an otaku nerd.

I'm not a sports fan by any means, but wrestling gets my attention quite often (if that could even be categorized as sports, but whatever).

Swimming is nice, but I haven't done that in a while.

What can I say, I live an uneventful life.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm a huge anime fan, but I wouldn't call myself an otaku nerd.

We are just leaves compared to those trees. Although I admit I do own some figures >_>

Most people know on the irc chan that I'm an avid music fan(and the one that got someone into audiophilism) of most genres. When you guys aren't looking I'm listening to the good kind of pop music, some good country tunes, old school hip-hop, various types of trances that doesn't suck, industrial (not the sheit weird listens too), and the king of alternatives(Radiohead). But not Coldplay, because Coldplay sucks.

I'm also an striving writer(I'm like A.D, love to write, hate my works sometimes, would like to complete some of them eventually), mod developer(usually not the lead coder-just an extra now, co-sound enginneer most of the time). Also in a band where our guitarist also doubles as our bassist sometimes and our precussionist uses pipes, pots, pans, a tambourin and a midi keyboard set with midi drumming.

Emulation is low tier.

I also like cookies o.o

Well, when I'm not on the computer, or sweating in a steel shop, working. I enjoy spending time with the wife and my son, playing/coaching soccer, doing puzzles of about any kind, watching Japanese monster movies such as Godzilla or Gamera, writing short stories or poems, reading, and coming up with 3d artwork to do on my computer.

College takes up alot of my time. I'm usually an avid reader but as someone already mentioned college relegates that to a lesser priority. Am also a big anime fan...although I'm not rabid about it. Like to watch soccer, basketball, and extreme sports (X-games type stuff, skateboarding etc). Enjoy watching movies, listening to music (J-pop/rock, Modern classical, R&B, a little rap), and try playing some on my keyboard. Spend alot of time on my comp...since I bought it. I'm slowy turning into a computer zombie like Agozer. :P

I really like to watch movies, mainly comedy but i love zombie movies and old school japanese movies (godzilla anyone?). Music is a huge part of my life as i tend to listen to music every minute or so. I like to play sports once in a while at the park with my friends. Basketball is my casual sport and i used to play in a team in baseball. I like some anime but im not really a huge fan. Party, i really like to party. I usually read on a daily basis mostly Stephen King stuff, right now i'm reading his Gunslinger series. I'm not much of a painter but i draw sketches all the time in my sketch book. I mostly draw whatever's on my mind at the moment or what i see. Right now im taking a photo class that combines profesional use of a camera and some photoshop to alter pictures.

Well, besides computers, wresteling, not a major fan but like the sport since it's competetive. Food (if I had a pic of myself you will all know why). Women, and umm, breezy sunny days at the beach with them :P.

Edit:Lol, GC, thats my home team :D. Miami Heat finaly kick arse in over a while!

Edit2:I like actually ollympic wresteling were you can actually brake bones and bleed, not wwe.... it's cool and all, but alot of people here do backyard wresteling so I enjoy that more :)

Edited by Drake

Music - especially 90's "alternative" and punk. Favorites include Better Than Ezra, Counting Crows, early Dave Matthews, early Unwritten Law, Flogging Molly, etc. I like almost anything except rap and "hip-hop," those just don't appeal to me.

Anime and Comic Books/Graphic Novels. I like both a lot, but I'm extremely picky about them. I'm all about alternative media for telling stories, so it's good storytelling I focus on. The only anime I own are Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, and Lain - I would not consider myself an otaku by any means.

Mythology and Philosophy. Two things I feel are missing or corrupted in much of today's society. I greatly enjoy both. These tie in with the storytelling focus mentioned earlier.

Games of just about every sort - pen & paper, board, card, as well as computer and console. I'm mostly interested in how they work - what makes them fun, etc. I spend more time studying them and experimenting with them than actually playing these days.

I enjoy collecting swords and I have nearly 20 now.

I enjoy gymnastics, yes gymnastics

Take a look at this: (That's not me)

51086664DM002_GYMmrings.jpg

I also enjoy listening to music and watching movies (new or old) and doing archery (any kind of bow)

Edited by Bob Jahovic