Samurai Shodown 5 Special......DUMPED!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the worst thing i ever saw for SS4 was when some dude whom we regulars had never seen before just walked into my local arcade and started destroying everybody. he played Bust Jubei (which you do't see very often) and - cheaply - played him like you would Geese Howard, combined with this dude's ridiculous reflex action he countered all day. I got him with Slash Hanzo (teleport, shuriken, teleport, combo, fireball to teleport fake, etc.) but with my normal chara Bust Ukyo couldn't touch him. I've gone back to plyaing Hanzo in ss5 because they ditched Ukyo's bust moves... lousy snkp...

edit - no matter how hard i tried whenever i used bust jubei i could never do it...

Edited by darkmage479

Ukyo's only good bust move was his 214+S move. The one where you get trapped in it for 12 to 31 hits.

it's best to use the qcb+s attack as a rush counter or anti-air and stick to qcb+k (push away) into jumping s into combo slash or another qcb+k. Also the hcf+s in the air is an old favorite but gets real predictable. Ukyo's better all around as bust than slash but has no fakes so you have to keep changing patterns....

:P then it's settled. We should get a ss4 tournament going on kalliera....

the machine i'm posting from is not my gaming PC, which currently lacks an internet connection, so not yet tho. I'd be willing to take u on agozer.

:P then it's settled.  We should get a ss4 tournament going on kalliera....

the machine i'm posting from is not my gaming PC, which currently lacks an internet connection, so not yet tho.  I'd be willing to take u on agozer.

And I don't have a Neo-Geo emulator that supports Kaillera, so were even....for the time being.

the worst thing i ever saw for SS4 was when some dude whom we regulars had never seen before just walked into my local arcade and started destroying everybody.  he played Bust Jubei (which you do't see very often) and  - cheaply - played him like you would Geese Howard, combined with this dude's ridiculous reflex action he countered all day.  I got him with Slash Hanzo (teleport, shuriken, teleport, combo, fireball to teleport fake, etc.) but with my normal chara Bust Ukyo couldn't touch him.  I've gone back to plyaing Hanzo in ss5 because they ditched Ukyo's bust moves... lousy snkp...

edit - no matter how hard i tried whenever i used bust jubei i could never do it...

It is very easy to kill Jubei with Ukyo.

First of all, his Shigetsu-to (ground fireball) can be countered by Ukyo's Dash C which has extremely high priority.

His counter move has a long long LONG delay if it misses, so run, grab, and do a good combo.

Rinse and repeat, and Jubei can't stand a chance.

The main weakness of Jubei bust is that he only has 2 viable special moves, which makes him very limited in pattern.

Also, he only has 3 good damaging combos, which is usually the only thing Jubei relies on.

Do NOT jump with Ukyo, because Ukyo stays in the air way too long. just do Dash C, evade oncoming fireballs with AB, and you don't even have to worry about Jubei's CD because it sucks ox balls. There's nothing for Jubei to combo in after the CD-12, and when Jubei enters a rage his fireball gets slower without much improvement, and everyone knows Jubei's Desperation move is a hugh pile of garbage, if not total suicide.

Also, if you jump, don't attack. jubei will do his counter-thing as usual and stand there with his sword up in the air, while you land and pull out that sword to do a one-liner combo....

GG for Jubei.

As in general, tip for defeating Jubei for any character is : Don't do expectable stuff.

cool advice phantom.... so what chara do you play as in SSIV/V?