Too Much For Nintendo These Days

lancerx

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only problem is stupid little kids who weren't around in the days of 8/16 bit gaming, who think that violence/nudity is a MUST in every game.

They label Nintendo as "kiddy", and it's 100% bull****.

As for DVD playback in a console, a stupid idea IMO, especially when you have to buy add-ons just to watch your movies.

And online gaming belongs on PC IMO! Who gives a rats ass if your couch potato box plays games online.

Yes!! Let's play CvsSNK 2 on PC!!! KEYBOARDS RULE WITH FIGHTING GAMES!!!

Sorry, for that bit of sarcasm, but online play on consoles is INSANELY good, as then we can play things that AREN'T FPS or RTS online and with other people.

Back to the main deal... Nintendo is floundering because of the stigma that only kids like the GC. That and the fact that it has no DVD playback is killing them. If the GBA:DS tanks the same, then Nintendo is going to be hurtin.

Lancer, please, next time, use commas and periods. Paragraph breaks work too. :-D

Anon.

WTF?! DC baby, get it right. You have just been owned, but anyways

You can always buy a converter for the PC, Ps2-2-usb or xbox-2-usb, or whatever. Plus the better computer you have the better the game looks, like the PC version of GTA III VC still looks better on the PC, even though the game's like a 3rdPS. Plus with a PC you usually dont have to pay to get online, most of the times anyways.

Edited by Cominus

You're a lamer if all you own is a mouse and keyboard, and you call yourself a gamer.

If it's not FPS or something that controls well with kb/mouse.........I own 4 gamepads for PC, as well as have a PSX/N64 adapter.

Oh and your example is some POS fighting game, for online play.........gimme a break.

I bought a Gamecube cause I didn't want to pay for DVD playback in my GAMING console nor did I care about online gaming in a console. Consoles are for COUCH POTATO gaming, where you sit your ass infront of the TV.

You're a lamer if all you own is a mouse and keyboard, and you call yourself a gamer.

If it's not FPS or something that controls well with kb/mouse.........I own 4 gamepads for PC, as well as have a PSX/N64 adapter.

Oh and your example is some POS fighting game, for online play.........gimme a break.

I bought a Gamecube cause I didn't want to pay for DVD playback in my GAMING console nor did I care about online gaming in a console. Consoles are for COUCH POTATO gaming, where you sit your ass infront of the TV.

Why does it sound like you have a grudge against console gaming?

So, do you stand when you type?

Look, all I am saying is that online play IS good on consoles. Some games that would NEVER be online on the PC are on the console. That's all. No need to get an insta-period over it.

Anon.

Why does it sound like you have a grudge against console gaming?

i think Video GAMING in general is seatin on the couch with our asses and playin in front of the tv...unless im missin sumthin here =X

At the arcade you can standup o.o

The problem with Fighting games online is the lag. So you have no right to say anything because you cannot control the lag.

A Computer? We sit, some of us eat at our desks, what are we? Computer Chair Potatos? Same goes with consoles, you sit down, and computers, you sit down. WERE FRIKING COMPUTER CHAIR POTATOS!! WTF?

Console gaming online is good in some sense. It just has to determine on the game. But there’s one thing you'll always see, and it’s LAG. You cannot control what others connections are. DVD Playback? That’s more of an offering, because 1 view isn't going to change the whole gaming world. That was one of the main selling points of the PS2.

There are different types of "gamers" then the KB+M guys. There are PC gamers and Console gamers. Hardcore gamers are the ones that can balance both in between and own a favorable collection of console games and paraphernalia.

So don't talk like your a lamer your self, you bring the console experience to your computer with 4 gamepads. So really, who is the lamer now?

edit: minor spelling and grammar fixes :-D

Edited by K`dash

At the arcade you can standup o.o

The problem with Fighting games online is the lag. So you have no right to say anything because you cannot control the lag.

A Computer? We sit, some of us eat at our desks, what are we? Computer Chair Potatos? Same goes with consoles, you sit down, and computers, you sit down. WERE FRIKING COMPUTER CHAIR POTATOS!! WTF?

Console gaming online is good in some sense. It just has to determin on the game. But theres one thing you'll always see, and its LAG. You cannot control what others connectons are. DVD Playback? Thats more of an offering, because 1 view isn't going to change the whole gaming world. That was one of the main selling points of the PS2.

There are different types of "gamers" then the KB+M guys. There are PC gamers and Console gamers. Hardcore gamers are the ones that can balance both in between and own a favorable collection of console games and parephenalia.

So don't talk like your a lamer your self, your bring the console experience to your computer with 4 gamepads. So really, who is the lamer now?

*bows*... :-D

Anon.

Wow I'm guess I'm a lamer then huh because all I have is a mouse and a keyboard.

Theres a difference between Hardcore gamers and others.

Hardcoregamers are like yourself IJTF_Cinder.

I'm a lesser gamer. I really don't care about being good as long as I can enjoy the video game to its expectancy.

Besides, I don't want to waste much money on equipment if I'm just going to use them only when friends come over.

Nintendo was always cool in my opinion. It gave us a break from all those flamethrowers head-slashing violent action we see today. I mean, who doesn't like a plumber that can jump 50 feet in the air :-D and whack ppl. or a pink thingy that can absorb powers by eating others....

Oh well, gaming isn't necessary killing itself. Its the cocky gamers today that think theres an excuse everytime you lose that are destroying gaming as we know it.

Plz dont respond to this Cinder. You scare me sometimes :lol:

Hardcore gamers are what give games thier perspective. I'm some what of a "good gamer" where im hardcore in some areas but not all. Sounds alot like an XXX movie but lets just forget i mentioned that.

And k'dash, WT flock? Computer chair couch potato? Thats just a flocking expression! Not everybody uses a computer chair, some people actually have a couch in front of thier computer, and lets say if one where to have a good video card then they could possibly hook up a TV monitor to thier umm...computer thingy(forgot name) but only a harcore gamer would know this :-D