Final Burn Legends 1.4

+ T +

Have a problem when I switch skins, the animated logo dissapears on the mainmenu and rombrowser on the skin I load, can't find animated logo under gui options. Also video dosen't display on mainmenu, Its like the emulator loads up half of the config of the default skin and applys it to the skin that you switch to.

anyone else had this problem when switching skins?

Edited by Mr Feud

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back when nes6502 released FBL, Rx asked him if the parent video could be used for the clones aswell. Can't remember what nes6502's response was.

+T+, would this be possible to implement ?

Mr Feud, compare the default skin in FBL 1.4 and the skin's .ini you're trying to use.

Edited by Bigby

Have a problem when I switch skins, the animated logo dissapears on the mainmenu and rombrowser on the skin I load, can't find animated logo under gui options. Also video dosen't display on mainmenu, Its like the emulator loads up half of the config of the default skin and applys it to the skin that you switch to.

i had the same problem for a start when i first installed fbl 1.4,so i copied over the folder which contains all the video files again and it worked.

just to report ive ran into few problems with my roms but sorted them with the clrmame dat cant get oriental legends super to work tried a few diffrent versions but they all seem to miss to ram_dump rom anyway gave up on that but penguin brothers penbros.zip wont load it worked in fbl 1.3 but now get fbl legends has encountered a problem message when trying to play it checked the clr dat and my rom is correct pity its a cool game

i had the same problem for a start when i first installed fbl 1.4,so i copied over the folder which contains all the video files again and it worked.

Would that be the folder called "Media" ? inside the FBL directory?

yes that should be it,the folder which has xmv files,not the videos folder obviously.

Yes, I meant to mention this in the release notes but I forgot, apologies. Basically the skin ini files now have an extra line in them to cover the new video preview sound option. So to use any skins designed for FBL1.3 and below, you should add the line:

MovieSound=0

to the skin's ini file. As for the animated logo; sorry but I hijacked this skin element in order to add the marquee feature. FBL1.4 is pretty much designed for the new default skin and any that are created specifically for it. Older skin compatibility can't be guaranteed.

Back when nes6502 released FBL, Rx asked him if the parent video could be used for the clones aswell. Can't remember what nes6502's response was.

I'll look into it for v1.5.

just to report ive ran into few problems with my roms but sorted them with the clrmame dat cant get oriental legends super to work tried a few diffrent versions but they all seem to miss to ram_dump rom anyway gave up on that but penguin brothers penbros.zip wont load it worked in fbl 1.3 but now get fbl legends has encountered a problem message when trying to play it checked the clr dat and my rom is correct pity its a cool game

It seems there may be some issues with the ClrMAMEPro DAT generated by the emu. I use the Romcenter one myself so have never encountered these issues. I'll either correct them or remove the ClrMAME DAT altogether. Incidentally the penbros set, as green in the Romcenter DAT, works fine. :)

i tested all pgm shmups last night...most "casual" gamers are not going to notice slowdowns....but when i was "scoring" ESP Galuda and Ketsui....we can feel the Xbox isnt powerful enough to run those games. i really hope a Trusty can make the difference...Phil can you confirm ?

Despite the slowdowns when im scoring...FBL 1.4 is really a great piece of work..and Neil skin is a very good choice :)

Hey Neil can you try to make the same skin with a candy cab...Egret 2 or New Astro City for example :(

QUOTE (Bigby @ Aug 10 2011, 12:26 PM)

is it possible for screenshots too ? or they have to be named according to rom name ?

Edited by Sparda

to the skin's ini file. As for the animated logo; sorry but I hijacked this skin element in order to add the marquee feature. FBL1.4 is pretty much designed for the new default skin and any that are created specifically for it. Older skin compatibility can't be guaranteed.

Is there any way to get the animated logo back? and lose the marquee feature? I know Neil222 skin looks awesome with the marquees on the rombrowser :) But the only reason I ask is because I have about 4-5 FBL skins that I was about to release, but none of them were designed with the marquee feature in mind, and I can't seem to go back to the animated logo on mainmenu and rombrowser. Would be cool if we had a choice to either display marquees or have the animated logo.

Edited by Mr Feud

Yes, I meant to mention this in the release notes but I forgot, apologies. Basically the skin ini files now have an extra line in them to cover the new video preview sound option. So to use any skins designed for FBL1.3 and below, you should add the line:

MovieSound=0

I'll look into it for v1.5.

It seems there may be some issues with the ClrMAMEPro DAT generated by the emu. I use the Romcenter one myself so have never encountered these issues. I'll either correct them or remove the ClrMAME DAT altogether. Incidentally the penbros set, as green in the Romcenter DAT, works fine. :)

i still cant get penguin brothers to work ive tried 3 roms from diffrent sites checked the romcentre dat with each one all the roms in the folder uo6.bin etc matchup so cant explain it anyway i lose penbros but gain esp gal ddp3 ketsui cant argue with that