omg what a dilemma

Gryph

my xbox 360 (the red one BTW) is pretty darn silent

i fucking love my netflix too! and i actually know a few people who also have xbox live gold (which is actually saving me minutes on my phone by talking to people via headset)

Xbox 360 no questions asked. I used to own a PS3 and an Xbox 360, I liked the 360 by FAR. I don't own either now and I could care less about the PS3, I just want another 360. Why?

-Better Graphics

-Developers like it better, this matters A LOT as you can imagine

-Along with the graphics the 360 versions are always better. PS3 versions are always the port.

-Always gets the extra content in games (the PS3 gets nothing pretty much)

-Better online Multiplayer

-Better/more efficient dashboard, although if you are used to the old one the new one is going to get some getting used to. I guess it doesn't look as cool but it functions better.

-Xbox Marketplace

-Netflix

-The noise issue is bullshit

Right... I highlighted my points. The noise issue is indeed bullshit. I do install my games and I notice no real noise. I play at night on my days off and I need to turn it down REAL low so I don't disturb others. I have yet to buy headphones. Anyway, even low, I'm not bothered by noise. Having games installed might help, and if so... another plus!

Netflix is great! I'm using my sisters acct, so I don't pay a dime! LOL Basically there are a good selection of movies and shows, but I wish they had more. Currently I'm watching Sea Quest DSV... lol.

As for games... 360 does indeed have the winning hand. As stated previously, there are only about 3 games exclusive to PS3 that are even worth a damn. That does not help enough for me to want the PS3.

I believe a great factor, also stated previously, is the marketplace. First there are Arcade Games that are just too much fun. I have a blast with Battlefield 1943!!! I can name a few but I'll spare you. But the extra game content is everywhere. PS3 STILL doesn't have any expansions for Fallout 3... although that may or maynot be their fault... the fact remains, that is the case for pretty much everything. 360 has the content...

Hmm, i have heard some rumours that X360 will be the last console by Microsoft.

Thats BS... Microsoft is winning the race and make too much money to pull out now.

So yea. you say gaming is secondary on the list... Other than netflix... I don't know what to tell you. But man... Fuck Blue Ray. These systems are for gaming. The reason we have 360's... it is indeed superior. Better support and licenses basically. I can say this with a good conscience, as I was a PS2 fanboy. I wanted to PS3 to be the shit but it cant deliver what I want. 360 across the board wins out... You pay for Gold status, but that is what makes everything coming out of or through XBL so awesome.

The only real negative I have is the horrible D-pad on the 360... it really sucks.

Oh... elites are now cheaper... so thats 120 Gigs... of game installing / custom soundtrack awesomeness.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I took your guys' advice and got a PS3. lol. My PSN id is thefreshyk if you want to add me to your friends list.

I'll get a 360 in a few months though.

I'm glad to see our advise ment so much to you. :-\

Everyone's advice was important! I was originally only going to get one console and stick with it but I am definitely going to get both now. All of your points were well taken into account but on the phone today my dad was like "you should get a Playstation 3, I saw the new ones and that the price went down" so I had to jump on that opportunity. I was originally going to buy it with my own money but now I didn't have to.