omg what a dilemma

Gryph

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Err, DC is loud?!? I never notice! PS2 is not very quiet, if i remember correctly :P

Using noise as an excuse in choosing a console is really lame. You are not going to hear any noise when you are playing games with surround full blast and all the actions around.

I remember popping those Blue Ps2 CD's into the Playstation 2, man those were loud.. about as loud as the 360.

Also, the Phat Ps3 get's pretty loud when you run games that push it like killzone 2, Call of duty 4 & Waw, uncharted or folding@home(not sure of the new name that they call it now).

Since I lack the ability to being a dedicated live customer, i buy all of my multiplatform games on the ps3 and all the exclusive falo and hable, porza and fgr stuff for 360.

Edited by Snow Patr0l

The Dreamcast is loud as hell. It sounds like its grinding or something. Whenever its loading you hear this EEEEEHHH EEEEEHHH EEEHHH EEEHHHH EEEHHH EEEHHH If you want to see it at it's loudest put a blank CD-R in and see what happens when it goes to full speed. It sounds like it's about to explode.

My PS2 is pretty loud, I can't hear the disk spinning but I can hear the head going back and forth because it's really high pitched.

If you want to see the PS3 get super loud, turn off the power switch on the back. Now hold Eject down as you turn it back on. After it's done you will have to flip it off and back on again to be able to boot it up because it locks itself down after this (The red light will be blinking). I think this only works on certain PS3s but try it out, I know it works on the 40GB. I would assume it at least works with other consoles from around the same time.

Yeah the noise of the Dreamcast is the GDROM, sounds like a friggin jet engine lighting up full bore for takeoff.

I remember when I used to play Skies of Arcadia on the Dreamcast, I knew when a random battle was coming from the incredibly loud spin-up and seek noise coming from the drive.

I love my good old angle grinder. I mean, Dreamcast. I'd buy a 360 Elite myself, if I had the money, a big HDTV, and the space to put them in. I'd only get a PS3 if they made some kind of ultimate model which plays PS1 and PS2 games, and it'd have to come with a really big hard drive, like 500gb. And why haven't Microsoft made a 500gb hard drive for the 360 yet? When I first read that they'd be clip on, I assumed they'd keep releasing bigger sizes to cash in on people's need for space. Microsoft are stupid these days.

They will be forced to soon with this games on demand thing. People are going to fill up HDDs FAST. This also means you will be able to do it yourself for cheap :huh:. There is some kind of software lock on using more than 120 right now and that is all that is preventing it. Once they up it you can go bigger. If you already did then your ready. I wonder if you would have to format though.

Hmm, i have heard some rumours that X360 will be the last console by Microsoft. Rumor is saying that Microsoft will no longer participate in console making business and might go down the road like Sega to provide software only. Not sure if this is true or not and it might true with no additional design upgrade on current X360.

just a rumor though, a rumor from the "pirates" here. Arrrrrrrr