---== CoinOPS GOLD ==---

BritneysPAIRS

Yea... I was just wondering... what controllers can you possibly hook up to the xbox? The xbox works off of USB style input right? USB is pretty versatile. Could one connect anything... if it had drivers or was configured for it?

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea... I was just wondering... what controllers can you possibly hook up to the xbox? The xbox works off of USB style input right? USB is pretty versatile. Could one connect anything... if it had drivers or was configured for it?

as far as i know its just the official stuff you can use in the control ports,i havent heard of anyone having configured drivers to run different controls on an xbox.it could be possible with xbox media centre possibly as there is always new scripts being made available for new features.

There would be alot of work required for what more input devices.... a lot of work.

I am going to look at some more keymapping stuff people want... a few are no White/Back for cheats and keymapping as some autobio that is reboot.

Allow changing of start+back to go back to games screen.

A switch to change to a more cab friendly (eg no L/R trigger) keymap.

There would be alot of work required for what more input devices.... a lot of work.

I am going to look at some more keymapping stuff people want... a few are no White/Back for cheats and keymapping as some autobio that is reboot.

Allow changing of start+back to go back to games screen.

A switch to change to a more cab friendly (eg no L/R trigger) keymap.

isnt the L and R triggers used for the games like forgotten worlds and ikari warriors to spin round 360 degrees.

if you were to include controlls for an arcade cab could it be possible to switch between arcade cab control mode and normal controller mode.

:) the idea is just a make L/Right trigger be White/black switch defaulted to off of course....

the BETA is going well as fam I can issue you with one, I have someone fine tuning some stuff at present just the cat and a new Shooter Gun Rotation section..........

Also do people you want Light gun games to be colored eg Orange or someone. This can be turned off by the colorise option.

I need now is a list of new games to add if any that work with xxx vmm settings....

And a list of games to cull...... I need 300megs of saving for it to be DVD size

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

could you make the option for the L/R buttons to be optional to swich them in the options menu s i like the using the back triggers its a lot easier with your fingers against the L/R buttons than it is against the white/black buttons.

yeah i will have a try of the beta sure. :)

does the beta have the lightgun source included as i wouldnt mind trying it out.

if you are looking to remove some games then why not just remove the games that were added from the patches.they came to about 350mb.in other ords just include the games from the original mamedox platinum2 and the lightgun games.seeing as most of the lightgun roms arent large you should be able to fit them on there.

Lightgun fixs are in.... foiund a couple more fixs ill add if there is still issues(I cant test). I will allways support L/R Trigger over white/black for alot of games....but may make a hidden switch in ini for changing a few of the keys to diff variants of wierd xbox setups.

The games I was thinking of removing are stuff like AOF AOF2 and leaving in AOF3, KOF2004-2007 stuff like that

If I add light gun games by default there will be a switch to remove them :) how many megs do I need for the more popular light gun games?

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

hellsfury is your pmbox full or is it turned off?

Private Messaging was disabled yesterday thanks to our little spambot problem, remember?

And as far as USB is concerned, the Xbox uses a custom USB interface. Theres an extra wire I believe, or one missing......and it's protocol is slightly altered. You can make drivers for PC to work with Xbox controllers, but not easily the other way around.

Easiest way is to hack an Xbox pad by soldering wires to all the buttons, and wire an interface (Like a DB9 connector). Following the link in my sig for more info on this sort of thing.

Lightgun fixs are in.... foiund a couple more fixs ill add if there is still issues(I cant test). I will allways support L/R Trigger over white/black for alot of games....but may make a hidden switch in ini for changing a few of the keys to diff variants of wierd xbox setups.

The games I was thinking of removing are stuff like AOF AOF2 and leaving in AOF3, KOF2004-2007 stuff like that

If I add light gun games by default there will be a switch to remove them :) how many megs do I need for the more popular light gun games?

those games you are talking of bp like aof1,2,werent in mamedox plat2 anyway,i mean most people now have those roms anyway with all the different versions thats been released.just my opinion though.

i dont how much the lightgun games would come to.looking at the list of games that mtsaint posted,most of the roms there dont even go over 2-3meg each if not less.

just hit me up when your ready with the beta cheers.

edit/i can still pm premium members though.

strider2

Threhold : 4 Mb

Commit size : 2048 Kb

frameskip level 7 (disable Throttle & sound).

strider2 plays ok with these settings on mameox128 bp,dont know if you want to look at it but woth a try i suppose.

ashura blade.

Asura Blade works well but the sound 's a bit glitched : frameskip level 8.

Asura Blade works well but quickly : frameskip auto (level 11 in most of stages).

the game-plays ok on coinops but i thought you might want to look at these settings.