The Big ass Street Fighter IV thread

Inky

Using SFII as the base I wasn't expecting, espeically since all the great and dynamic gameplay changes since then. Back to basics with high damaging HKs and retardedly strong throws I guess then. That's something I'm not happy about at all.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

after II but before III. :) i was hoping this new SF would advance the story and maybe end it with a real ending

Big post time. I got this off SFD forum, which in turn they took from SRK.

Some things I can confirm based on the screenshots alone:

1. Air blocking is in. They show a picture of Ryu blocking Ken's SRK in mid-air.

2. They show a picture of Ken ducking Ryu's high round house getting ready for a SRK or an uppercut. So atleast the high/mid/low attacks seem to actually work as they should (no DOA4-style low attack beats high jump attack BS). :)

3. Ken's face looks a lot better in the screenshots now than it did from that leaked screen. He's extremely expressive, almost as well as Ryu is. Their character frame looks very much like the trailer (bulky, hulkish in a way, but look mean and gangsta). :rofl:

Some info based on the text:

There is real time cheek-deformation when you punch somebody. Whether it lingers or just a temporary visual touch is unknown. :rofl:

The game is being built around online play, not merely as an addition to the core gameplay. Whether this is worrying or not needs to be seen.

They may milk you with microtransactions depending on Capcom's input.

There will be no VF style item collecting. They want to keep the characters' iconic looks. So at best you might get palette swaps.

He still hates CFE even today, and keeps mentioning throughout the article how it was a hack job and a last ditch effort after All Stars got cancelled. He's trying to focus on balance and trying as hard as he can to please the hardcore community.

He will continue to tweak it before it gets printed on discs to make sure it's as balanced as possible. Gameplay patches through online means are also possible if need be.

Sheng Long will possibly be in.

He wants SF4 to be like a Chess game. He also wants it to remain back and forth till the very end with the Revenge system.

Characters will look more steroid-ed than they have in the past. Even Dhalsim is getting some bulk.

The only stage they played on was Chun's remake. Nothing else was available at the time.

Game is about 2% done.

Originally Posted by Spooty Whiteboy View Post

Ok. I just read the mag. Here are the details. I made sure to read into everything, so this should answer some questions.

There are two meters:

- The Revenge Meter, which builds up by getting hit.

- The Super Meter, which we will assume builds up by attacking.

The Revenge Meter:

- The Revenge Meter is made up of four sections.

- There are 3 uses for the Revenge Meter; they are EX moves, Saving Strikes, and an unblockable attack (I didn't catch the name of the unblockable).

- EX moves act just like in SFIII. They cost one section. They can be canceled with a forward, or backward, dash.

- Saving Strikes are executed with HP+HK. They cost one section. They are invincible. They can be canceled with a forward, or backward, dash.

- The unblockable move is done by charging a Saving Strike. It cost three sections. It is invincible.

The Super Meter:

- It is to be assumed that there is one section in the Super Meter.

- Currently every character has one super. Ryu's Shinkuu Hadoken, for example, is done the same way as in ST. It uses the Super Meter.

- An Ultra is performed by doing the super motion with two buttons. The Ultra cost the Super Meter as well as one section of the Revenge Meter. It is longer than normal supers, and include dramatic camera angles.

Taunt:

- Taunts are performed by pressing MP+MK

Throw:

- Throws are performed by pressing LP+LK

Quick Rise:

- Performed by pressing...I forget, but I think it is down+P+K as you hit the ground.

The best quote of the interview:

"...throws are still cheap..."

- Many of SFII's characters will be in the starting roster. Since the word "World Warriors" was used, I'm guessing the original 8 but that's just me. Some of them will look different. :)

- Along with new characters, there's still a chance that Alpha/SFIII characters may be in the game. Also, it wont be a "sausagefest" like SFII so don't worry female Street Fighter lovers.

- Daigo "Ikeno" is back and will be the Character Designer! He's the dude who drew the Third Strike portraits for those who don't know.

- The Ink splatter stuff will mostly be in the menus, between round displays.

- Replays will be in.

- Damage may be seen on the character. If ya keep hitting an opponent on a certain area alot(for example, their shoulder), their animation may be different like the shoulder being lower. Sounds neat imo. BTW, the expressions on the characters are really REALLY good....some of the best I've seen in a 3D game. Those 2 leaked screenshots doesn't do them justice at all.

- They were thinking about doing it 2D but they seem like Third Strike was perfect enough. They said it was pretty much all that is possible with 2D sprites so doing a 2D game meant that they couldn't learn anymore. Also said that SF2HD has it covered.....X[.

- In an early build, the Parry was already in SF4 but was taken out. The Saving/Revenge system replaced it.

- Only Chun-Li's stage was playable.....it's only 50% complete.

- When 1up/EGM played, the Ryu and Ken models were nearly complete. Chun-Li was very incomplete and looked like 3D flat polygons from 1993. Dhalsim was the same but he didn't have moves. Only Ryu and Ken are shown in all the shots....no Chun or Dhalsim.

- They experimented with elements of the stages. Hadoken hitting the stage, jumping down near an object and it jumps up, etc. Like if ya did a Hadoken and a chicken walked near by, it would get roasted if the Hadoken hit it. Lmao.

- Ono said he "may" work on a new Marvel Vs Capcom or Darkstalkers game in the future....maybe in 2 or 3 years. It just depends.......

- Ono himself said Sheng-Long may be in the game as "Fan-service"...dunno if he means an actual character or just someone in the bg. EGM said it would probably be Gouken though(they included a pic of Gouken's SOTA action figure). BTW, I'm not sure if EGM is messing around with this one......it may or be true. It's not April so I'm guessing it is....

There you have it. No scans links (well there were some on srk, but mr.wiz deleted the posts).

Not a typo, a bunch of posts do mention the 2% completeltion for those who got it a week early.

Edit: Also, I just got my hands on scans, no airblocking, it looks like Ryu is doing his jumping Jab then blocking in the air. Yay for me, no frigging air blocking!

Not a typo, a bunch of posts do mention the 2% completeltion for those who got it a week early.

Edit: Also, I just got my hands on scans, no airblocking, it looks like Ryu is doing his jumping Jab then blocking in the air. Yay for me, no frigging air blocking!

so he's blocking in the air but there's no air blocking? :thumbsup1:

so he's blocking in the air but there's no air blocking? :thumbsup1:

No, what I mean is, most people precived his j.jab animation looks like his airblocking, which he's not.

so he's blocking in the air but there's no air blocking? :|

No, what I mean is, most people precived his j.jab animation looks like his airblocking, which he's not.

thx for clearing that up for me. the Revenge sounds interesting but did they have to take out parrying