The Big ass Street Fighter IV thread

Inky

Okay, I'm shocked at how bad these screenshots look. The graphics look HORRIBLE in my opinion and they definitely could have made it a lot better. The jagged lines around Ken make it look like this game could have been released with the PS2. We're now in the 5th generation of gaming for crying out loud.

It looks like Capcom could not decide either 2D or 3D graphics and this has become 2.5D. MAKE UP YOUR MIND!

Seeing as how these screenshots have been showing the same background, it still looks pretty bland. I'm not impressed.

Incidentenally, it was that attitude that got CFAS canceled because everyone on the internet saw screenshots and complained how bad the game looked.

I'm down with BK and inksauce. Not bad progress for being announced a few months ago and they have alot of time before the assumed release date to polish the game. As I said before, the trailer contained the art style and what we'd expect, so far their they've got the artstyle down from the trailer minus the okami-like brushes and it's on 2D fighting plane. Now we just need to wait for the EX Moves & possible CC meter stuff.

The plus side is, Ryu looks better in game then in the trailer and the reverse happened with Ken :P

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They haven't announced an arcade release yet.

Personally, I don't see this heading to arcades at all. Would it really be able to compete with Tekken, SC and VF? Not even thinking about 3S or KoF... My hopes are high but my expectations aren't.

i dont see why not.streetfighter3ts has been in the japanese top ten playlist for years,so sure why not it will definetly be an arcade release well i think so. :P

Well it's assumed it's hitting the arcades in Japan and just plain console releases else where. No confirmations have been said, but telling from the official screenshot. It could be Sys256 or Taito's Type-X board. As both can do Prog-Scan but not HD. Which raises the possbility that they consider it for Wii as well beyond the PS3 and 360.

But this game won't necessarily be of the same standard as 3S. I'd love to be wrong here but I think SF4, to sell, will need to be a flashy console fighter with a lot of fanservice... not necessarily a deep competitive fighter.

Do we still even know who the devs are?

Well it's assumed it's hitting the arcades in Japan and just plain console releases else where. No confirmations have been said, but telling from the official screenshot. It could be Sys256 or Taito's Type-X board. As both can do Prog-Scan but not HD. Which raises the possbility that they consider it for Wii as well beyond the PS3 and 360.

do you think capcom are out of the hardware side of it now and just depending on other companies?

ps is that the taito type x2 board? :)

But this game won't necessarily be of the same standard as 3S. I'd love to be wrong here but I think SF4, to sell, will need to be a flashy console fighter with a lot of fanservice... not necessarily a deep competitive fighter.

Do we still even know who the devs are?

Capcom of Japan internal staff; CFJ's Production Team + All the other people who developed Dawn of Dreams with Producer Yoshinori Ono. Works include Capcom Fighting Jam, Onimusha, Dawn of Dreams, Chaos Legion and Shadow of Rome.

do you think capcom are out of the hardware side of it now and just depending on other companies?

ps is that the taito type x2 board? :)

Seeing as how they haven't made an arcade board since 1997. Duh.