Are you right brained or left brained?

esoteric

dancernj0.gif

Wow. Cool... Mind Flock is right. I first saw it counter clockwise. Then I stared and thought to myself, How could it possibly be going clockwise?? I stared and stared, and all of a sudden, she was going clockwise. And just like Shibathedog, I couldn't get it to go back!!! Then after a bit later, I was scratching my neck and she was going counter again...

Just scrolled back up and she is going clockwise....

OH!!! TOO BAD IT'S FLAWED! Damn I wish it was perfect.......

For those who cannot see it going counter clockwise.... Look at the shadow of her left leg, the raised one, you will see the shadow on the ground, then presto, you see that she IS going counter clockwise...

It's cool though, because I was having a hard time switching back and fourth between directions quickly. Wow, when you flip back and fourth quickly, it makes you feel kinda strange, like your building new synapses or something!!!

I guess I use both sides equally. Figures....... I'm a Libra!!!! I excel at Math, Science, and art. So Math/Science VS Art, is definitely polar. But... not to me.

:P --> I do not let this Libra thing measure me, but it is funny, how accurate it's description is.... makes you think.

Edited by Belthasar

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I can switch back and fourth pretty quick too. Do you notice a sensation change when you switch? It's very hard to explain. Not exactly a sensation, more like...... a feeling. Take notice, I think you may know what I mean. I await any response...

Edited by Belthasar

Well then... That is exactly what I mean... you felt it too. Excellent.

At first I saw it clockwise, no matter what. I even stepped back a few feet and still saw it moving clockwise. Then I looked at the shadow of her feet as you said and she started moving counter clockwise. Then I couldn't move it back to going clockwise. Then I figured out how to change it back to clockwise. I spinned my index finger (edit: makesure you focus on your index finger with the girl twirling in the background) clockwise in front of my monitor and she started moving clockwise again (it works both ways).

This stuff is amazing! I wonder what each frame in the GIF shows? Maybe someone can load it up in a GIF animation software.

Also, what bothers me the most is what if everyone sees things differently? I mean, not just with this twirling girl animation -- how about all animations? What if all we see animations differently and don't even realize it? We see special effects everyday in TV commercials with text and images flipping in different directions -- but PERHAPS we're all seeing something else?

IMO, this is some crazy shiet. :P

This is how I think it works;

There is no 3d / z-axis depth to it. It is just a number of animation frames in one direction, and then the same frames reversed in the other. Then it repeats.

Which way you see it rotating is based on which motion you see first- if you see the left-to-right animation first, the brain connects the frames and assumes the movement is going in that direction and when it reverses direction your mind rationalises this as a rotation around a central axis. Basically it takes the first direction of motion as happening in the foreground, and the second as happening in the background just so the animation complies with our perception of 3d space. If you see left-to-right first, that means you'll see a counter-clockwise rotation. If you see right-to-left first, you'll think its going clockwise.

Might just be rambling, but it would explain why, when you look away or obstruct the motion for a while, you can see the opposite direction when you look back. Incidentally I don't think it has much to do with which side of the brain is more active.