Got Religion?

Alpha

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im Catholic. But i dont Follow Religion at all really. ive got mixed ideals when it comes to Religion. The thing that makes me hate religion are people who misinterpret Religion and take it out on others. I am not one to Blame God for anything bad thats happening to me, but i am one to Thank him for anything good happening to me. While that is kind of retarded, i beleive God is just that sense of Hope and Courage inside of ourselves. So thanking God is like thanking Myself.

Kind of weird i guess.

Hah, what I don't get is when politicians say "God is on our side".

What happens if both sides say that?

If what they say about God is true, then he won't be on anyone's "side" in a war. Especially the side that started it.

Your opinion, does not mean it is fact.

oh, and the belief of a god is? I can just as easily say that you believing that god doing all of this is "opinion" and not just fact. nice try

Last time I checked a true atheist's goal was not to bash religion.

HAH!

Read.

Yes there are Atheists that want religion abolished. Be sure to do some research before making such claims. Oh yes, and what does this have to do with my previous post? Silly christian, agnostics and Atheists aren't the same thing. I hate it when a christian finds out that a person doesn't absolutely believe in any god that they are automatically dirty, heathen, Atheists trying to ruin the world. Shows how ignorant you are outside of your religion.

No one in this thread is trying to force there beliefs on you nor are they bashing your beliefs.

no crap? Was I telling you to stop believing in anything at all? All I said was that you were wrong, not burn your bible. Good job in trying to imply that I was.

Stop being such a troll.

Oh yes, saying what I think is happening from an agnostic standpoint is so trolling. It was relevant to the topic and valid discussion.

also, be sure to read this, preferably with an open mind... this goes for any other believers as well

Edited by Robert

Your opinion, does not mean it is fact.

oh, and the belief of a god is? I can just as easily say that you believing that god doing all of this is "opinion" and not just fact. nice try

Never once did I say it was FACT. Just because I have faith in something and I believe it is fact does not mean it is fact. All I was trying to imply was that these are MY beliefs.

Last time I checked a true atheist's goal was not to bash religion.

HAH!

Read.

Yes there are Atheists that want religion abolished. Be sure to do some research before making such claims. Oh yes, and what does this have to do with my previous post? Silly Christian, agnostics and Atheists aren't the same thing. I hate it when a christian finds out that a person doesn't absolutely believe in any god that they are automatically dirty, heathen, Atheists trying to ruin the world. Shows how ignorant you are outside of your religion.

I do not research things I have no general interest in, though one of my BEST friend IS in fact an atheist. I do not think any of those things you claim that I say or think. Show some evidence of me posting anything like that ever. You can't because I never have. If I have posted anything insulting towards you it's because you usually stalk my posts with lame and jealous insults. I have never disrespected your beliefs and I never will. I respect all beliefs, you sir don't.

No one in this thread is trying to force there beliefs on you nor are they bashing your beliefs.

no sh­it? Was I telling you to stop believing in anything at all? All I said was that you were wrong, not burn your bible. Good job in trying to imply that I was.

Well you certainly come off as that, judging by your first post in this thread and your reply to my first post in this thread. I did not single you out, you singles me out and bashed my beliefs. Can't help but to feel you are full of crap with that last statement.

Stop being such a troll.

Oh yes, saying what I think is happening from an agnostic standpoint is so trolling. It was relevant to the topic and valid discussion.

Going out of your way to insult people and there beliefs so you can draw attention to yourself IS trolling.

also, be sure to read this, preferably with an open mind... this goes for any other believers as well

don't care. :mad:

Getting toward the time for thread closure, it won't be long.

A topic guaranteed to cause trouble...

You were right......

Of course. Every thread on religion ends in conflict.

Many wars have been fought over religion - and still are.

As they say, "Religion is the problem - not the solution".

Ok.

This is why religion and politics were prohibited in my old guild. It can easily become a battle of ideals. Which... mind you, are opinions. And history is filled with wars over ideals.

It would be nice though, if we could talk rationally about our differences, even if one thinks the others beliefs are not. (rational) It was going well.... then someone figured that they were gonna tell someone the way it is... STILL OPINION... which circumvented the flow of the thread. Thank you everyone, who caught on to this flow.

Here's how religious discussions go:

Nut #1: Well.... I believe this, this, this, this and this.

Nut #2: Ehhhh? *makes criticisms while claiming non-religious*

Nut #1: Pffft say what you want I don't care what you think.

Nut #2: I don't care what you think either, but that's pretty christian/catholic/buddhist/muslim of you. *thumbs up*

Nut #1: Goto hell and may my god help you.

Nut #2: I don't need your god. I have my own. *pats self*

This all takes place within several pages of a thread until one or the other gets too lazy to continue writing essay-long posts or if they forget to check the thread.

The problem with these threads being unable to end in a civic manner is because it has to do with how these beliefs relate to our morals... and ultimately our actions. It is difficult not to criticize (from both parties) when someone has a particular faith because quite frankly, each faith is very different. They add to an already very different world of great diversity in terms of culture and ethics. Blaming a religious person to act almost impassively tolerant is like asking a kid to stop crying. ;\

Personally I don't think we as a people, for the majority, are capable of that type of tolerance. We're just too limited as a society and species.

Edited by veristic

Im Catholic. But i dont Follow Religion at all really. ive got mixed ideals when it comes to Religion. The thing that makes me hate religion are people who misinterpret Religion and take it out on others. I am not one to Blame God for anything bad thats happening to me, but i am one to Thank him for anything good happening to me. While that is kind of retarded, i beleive God is just that sense of Hope and Courage inside of ourselves. So thanking God is like thanking Myself.

Kind of weird i guess.

one of my favorite quotes: " God save me from your followers"

In my own personal belief (Islam) i find it very very logical, however the people that folllow it have twisted it much like any other religon to their own gains, giving a disoriented view of it.

I actually did alot of theology and spirtuality research before i came to my decision to follow Islam (the actual religon, not what most people now adays see or follow) because it made sense to me. What does bother me is that most people that don't believe in religon at all only do so because they've only been exposed to christianity or have done their "research" on anti-religon sites/books/articles , trying to find a reason NOT to follow them. The research in my opinion is thereby rendered void because it's not research done with an open mind to ideas, but one done to try to prove one's own thoughts on the matter.

However, if you've done your reasearch with an open mind and still disagree with religon, you have my respect , it's your path in life, and it's completely up to you , i will not force my beliefs on you, just as i expect you not to force your beliefs on me.