Got Religion?

Alpha

Well, I've been thinking about making this thread for awhile. I'm happy to say that I'm now a born again Christian. For the longest time I was a little lax in my faith, but I'm proud to say I believe in Jesus more than ever. I've also learned to respect all religions. Honestly, I even have no problem if someone doesn't believe in God or hates God for that matter. I will not argue with you or harass you in anyway.

The focus on family, love, and happiness has really become very important to me. I realized that the one thing that was incomplete was my lack of true faith. I always believed that God exists, but just couldn't ever really believe in the prophets. One thing that I'll tell you about me is that I studied philosophy for a long time, and it really split me apart with the belief of religions. Sometimes you just got to let go and really open your mind to what is out there. Not everything in the world can be false. There is a truth to everything. :supernerd:

So what religion are you? Why did you pick that religion?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've been thinking about making this thread for awhile. I'm happy to say that I'm now a born again Christian. For the longest time I was a little lax in my faith, but I'm proud to say I believe in Jesus more than ever.

facepalm.jpg

anyway... I'm agnostic and a rationalist, and a very strong believer in that. I also have a very negative view on Christianity/Judaism/Islam...

He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see

He tries to tell me what I put inside of me

He got the answers to ease my curiosity

He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity...

A topic guaranteed to cause trouble...

anyway I've been thinking about religion for a while and have eventually arrived at the carefully considered conclusion, that it is a big fairy tale, another method of control.

Unless something happens to convince me otherwise, of course...

Well, If you can call me anything, It is Christian. But to tell you the truth, I hate the concept of religion. All it ends up being, is a battle of ideals. I mean, how many religions stem from the exact same bible, that so many use? One guy says this. Another says that. It's all left to interpretation. I believe that too many people end up telling you are wrong, and your going to hell or whatever. I read this pamphlet just over a year ago. You know the one, it's a tiny booklet. I won't say what religion it is, as not to step on any toes. But the prayer in the end included, "please forgive me God, for I am a sinner, and deserve to burn in hell" I'M NOT KIDDING!!! It actually said this. Now there is a revised version, and it doesn't say that.

Look, Alot of the religions have the same principles. And who is to say any one of them is wrong. So you gotta just live and let live. Live through example, not forceful preaching. I think Game Cop and Fatal have the right idea.

I've also learned to respect all religions. Honestly, I even have no problem if someone doesn't believe in God or hates God for that matter. I will not argue with you or harass you in anyway.
I respect all religions as well, and I have never tried to force my beliefs on anyone.

You see, the only thing real in this world is each other. We are the only things that matter. Everything else is pointless.

Point is.... its faith. Faith is just that, it's something you cannot see. It's something you feel, believe in, without any true proof. Although, I feel that I have my own personal proof, per say. And that is the same basis on what each and every one of you use in your decision, to either believe in something, or nothing at all. Faith is blind. Thats what it's all about. It is something you gotta find on your own. No one can make you do anything. We always have a choice. And that is what I think faith is all about. If I gave you the answers to a test, you would score a 100% and learn nothing. You would then forget the answers, and the whole ordeal would be absolutely pointless. I stated in another thread, do things for yourself. This is because, you have to do what is right, under you own understanding. You just gotta be you.

Usually I leave an incredibly long post everywhere I go, but I decided to keep this one concise. Or I at least tried to. I don't want to sound preachy. All I wanted to do is put in my 2 cents.

I hate this kind of thread. It always comes down to 2 different expressions;

1) I am of X religion, am happy with my beliefs whether you agree or not. This is the righteous and arrogant response.

2) I don't believe in religion in general because of X rationalisation but have formed my own morality to live by. This is the cynical at best, equally arrogant at worst answer.

No offense to any of you guys- you're just answering the thread topic. Maybe because of where I'm at or whatever right now I don't like this kind of discussion and am taking it the wrong way.

A topic guaranteed to cause trouble...

You were right......

I hate this kind of thread. It always comes down to 2 different expressions;

1) I am of X religion, am happy with my beliefs whether you agree or not. This is the righteous and arrogant response.

2) I don't believe in religion in general because of X rationalisation but have formed my own morality to live by. This is the cynical at best, equally arrogant at worst answer.

No offense to any of you guys- you're just answering the thread topic. Maybe because of where I'm at or whatever right now I don't like this kind of discussion and am taking it the wrong way.

Usually it does come down to those two sides. But Game Cop, Fatal Rose, And I, made sure that were just merely saying..... we respect any and all beliefs. I personally don't say anyone is wrong.... because who the hell am I. I think were all in the same boat, just sailing through life.

Oh, no offense taken.

For what it's worth, I was born Christian (Lutheran to be exact), but I'm someone you'd hardly call religious by any stretch of the word. I don't like religion, because it usually brings out the worst in people. You could say that I ridicule and praise each religion equally if the situation calls for it. each religion has its nutjobs and fundamentalists.

People often feel the need to believe in something of higher power, and I respect that. It makes people feel safe and secure and offers consolation at times of trouble.

Don't rub your religion in my face though, or call me morally corrupt or lost if I don't agree with something you say about religion.

Here's the thing i keep saying: Christanity is getting such bad rep becuz of the idiots in the spotlight! Not the ones who are working, helping others! OH no, the Christians doing right are never seen on the news!

There are jerks who hide behind Christianity!

You think people hate gays cuz of religion!? NO!

The Bible, in black an white says, "love all"! Christians are supposed to not like the sin of homosexuality but love the person! It also says that if someone truly doesn't want to believe in God, he will turn him over to a reprobated mind(meaning he will not convict you of believing anymore) and that will be it. It says nothing about if someone doesn't believe, whip them and take over their land, and force them to believe!

Psycho atheist hide behind their messed up lives for their crimes, and so-called "Christians" hid behind religion for their crimes! The same thing goes for war! IT pisses me off but thats why I understand non-believer's point of view.

My point of view:

I am a Muslim.

I closed my ears and shut my eyes, i read about different religions, and the best answer that i saw was islam, not because its the best story but because its a science book with alot of facts that have been discovered in the past 500 to be true.

I dont know if your going to hell.

No one on earth knows who is going to hell.

These topics dont cause trouble as long as everyone says his own point of view.

No religion for me thanks, I don't agree with the views of any one religion enough and I refuse to believe in "mythical beings".

Have no problem with anyone else's beliefs, just don't talk to me about them.

I also think things like Religion, Politics and the like have no place in public discussion. These things should be reserved for private, organized talk.