Server Move Complete!

well, thats the thing with DNS -- after I took down both of my servers, other DNS servers acting as relays needed to learn that something was wrong, so, some people lost connectivity sooner than others, and thats also why a proxy 'sort of' worked.. after about 10 hours all sites were down for everyone, and thats when the backup began.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure that this still is miskie's server :| just a new one.

You caught me out, I won't forget the American English between you and Superman with the Jelly and Jello ;)

you also got caught out with the spam thing with bills or biitz or whatever his name is.

Edited by Hexter

my DNS takes about a week to catch up, all the old forums just kept working except for Anarchy. I had to ask around for the IP addresses of the new servers and add to my hosts file. Otherwise I wouldn't have got back here till next weekend.

I imed GC about this but just in case anybody else that's an admin and want to look into it is interested in, sometimes when I open a new firefox window, and I'm trying to type in the fastreply box, the site doesn't show anything of what I'm typing, I'll make a bs post in spam when this happens again to see if the site even knows I'm typing something

Edit : Btw it isn't my keyboard since it only happens to that specific window that I have to close and re-open in. Not even window tab since I'm using firefox.

Edited by Drake

If the new server has the same hardware as the old one, why didn't you just format it and installing the new software(after backing up the sites ofcourse) instead of buying a new server? Won't it be cheaper?

If the new server has the same hardware as the old one, why didn't you just format it and installing the new software(after backing up the sites ofcourse) instead of buying a new server? Won't it be cheaper?

yes it would.. however it would take considerably longer because the old server needs to have some maintenance done on it.. Its been online and running nearly 24/7 for the last few years. that harddisk has got to be getting tired.