FBA-XXX Pro v1.28

+ T +

I had no plans to implement a 'kiosk' mode since I myself don't have anything like that sort of setup. But if people want it then I'd be happy to add your code to the next build when you have it up and running (with full credit to you of course).  :afro:

As for the autoboot option, it just seems pointless. To me the whole appeal of an emulator like this is to be able to choose from multiple games to play on the emulated hardware. Besides is it really that much work to just highlight a game in the list and press A?

I spent some time today reviewing the code, and I like the notion of a kiosk mode, which would "disable" the X setup button in the menu, and also the in-game setup. This would work in a situation with a group of friends playing or party with kids, without kicking the emulator into the setup and changing a critical setting (like changing progressive mode - it kills my vga arcade monitor to black). This is similar to a feature in several PC MAME front-ends Also, once the emulator started, you could not exit without turning off the xbox (or power to my boXcade cabinet)

..I almost forgot...I would have the modify the default skin to remove the X setup graphics...minor details...

...and I didn't think about the auto game startup feature...after Gogoackman mentioned it could be used for commercial purposes..I'm killing the idea.

-djohng

Edited by djohng

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and I didn't think about the auto game startup feature...after Gogoackman mentioned it could be used for commercial purposes..I'm killing the idea.

-djohng

I think it would be mostly used for illegal commercial purposes!

(and welcome back djohng, very long time no hear <_>

the kiosk mode in mameox128 plus made it perfect for me...no one can alter it now. I changed the skin to just show 1 button at the top that says "Press "A" button to start" and on my control panel there is a "select game" button so its pretty self explanitory now.

Thank you HK$

As most people do I use FBAxxx for my CPS1,2,neogeo emulation...it would be awesome to lock down FBAxxx the same way. As gogo said "FBAxxx is done." I believe this also...it is perfect...al I want to see is a feature so no one can mess with the settings. Djohng or +T+ can you do this or is it something only gogo could do? Also I am on gogo's sets as I never felt the need to go Pro...didnt seem right to have AES versions on a MVS-2 arcade machine...And I never took the time to pull those roms out...Gogo's sets 08/26/05 (last.dats) have been great for my setup. His custom Coin button and No L\R trig features in this version are vital to me..would I need to go with pro sets if you implemented kiosk mode?

Am I a hardcore FBAxxx Mameox128 plus fan? Yes. <_<

Edited by sammaz

Also I am on gogo's sets as I never felt the need to go Pro...didnt seem right to have AES versions on a MVS-2 arcade machine...And I never took the time to pull those roms out...Gogo's sets 08/26/05 (last.dats) have been great for  my setup.  His custom Coin button and No L\R trig features in this version are vital to me..would I need to go with pro sets if you implemented kiosk mode?

FBA-XXX also includes AES sets just not as many as Pro. And since Pro's codebase is from the latest FBA-XXX it also has the custom Coin button and No L\R options.

But yes, you will have to use up-to-date and correct ROMsets if you intend to use FBA-XXX Pro when djohng's kiosk code is added.

cool...I will go through and be very selective with the pro sets...Cant wait to see how it comes out!

Thanx everyone!

Im going to get my pro sets now :lol:

Edit : 3 torrents (1.01 + 2 updates) = 6g !!! <_<

Edited by sammaz

the kiosk mode in mameox128 plus made it perfect for me...no one can alter it now.  I changed the skin to just show 1 button at the top that says "Press "A" button to start" and on my control panel there is a "select game" button so its pretty self explanitory now. 

Thank you HK$

As most people do I use FBAxxx for my CPS1,2,neogeo emulation...it would be awesome to lock down FBAxxx the same way.  As gogo said "FBAxxx is done." I believe this also...it is perfect...al I want to see is a feature so no one can mess with the settings.  Djohng or +T+ can you do this or is it something only gogo could do?  Also I am on gogo's sets as I never felt the need to go Pro...didnt seem right to have AES versions on a MVS-2 arcade machine...And I never took the time to pull those roms out...Gogo's sets 08/26/05 (last.dats) have been great for  my setup.  His custom Coin button and No L\R trig features in this version are vital to me..would I need to go with pro sets if you implemented kiosk mode?

Am I a hardcore FBAxxx Mameox128 plus fan? Yes. <_<

There will be an update to original FBAxxx :

- I added a perfect 60fps in PAL mode (there is an option in the D3d for xbox actually)

- I need to check for a sound bug, apparently I did something wrong somewhere, most ppl don't hear it, but there seems to be a problem

- And of course include this kiosk mode

As for the skin problem, it is not a problem as the X button displayed use xbfont so it is nothing related with the skin.

Hi,I have a problems with 2 roms, clones of kof2002:

1)kof2k2bl.zip has a bug ( all the screen is full of lines and so it's impossible to see the game)

2)kf2k2mp2.zip : when a play the game, it appears that the file 2k2-p2.bin has a wrong CRC

I take those 2 roms from Prican collection,si they have to work,isn't it?

It isn't a roms request, I only want to know if anyone has same problems with those 2 roms. If all have those problems,then +T+ in the next relase can solve them,please?

Thank you very much

I spent some time today reviewing the code, and I like the notion of a kiosk mode, which would "disable" the X & Y setup button in the menu, and also the in-game setup.  This would work in a situation with a group of friends playing or party with kids, without kicking the emulator into the setup and changing a critical setting.  This is similar to a feature in several PC MAME front-ends   Also, once the emulator started, you could not exit without turning off the xbox (or power to my boXcade cabinet)

-just a quick update...I've added a kiosk bool variable in the ini file; 0 for kiosk mode off. (normal opertation). kiosk = 1 for mode on. You would have to manually change this by editing the ini...no options in setup menu...doesn't make logical sense.

..also to exit a game to "main menu game list" the same buttons would be used, but a simple Exit Game window would pop up, instead of the full In Game Menu setup window.

Besides, my comments above...does anyone else have input on how the kiosk mode should work...I only want to code this once (and quick...since my time is limited lately...new baby in the house <_<...that's why I've been scarce on the forums!)

-djohng

Update:

*Main Menu Game List Kiosk Mode and "eliminate" Y button for controller configuration in main menu is completed.

Update2:

*"In-game menu" kiosk mode (In Game setup menu...changes) completed.

Edited by djohng

Kiosk Mode for FBA-XXX Pro is completed. <_<

...some final testing this weekend to see if I can break it....you never know with kids or parties!

TO DO:

- I'm also going to include modified help screens in kiosk mode (they will not have all of the commands on them..since they're not available in this mode.)

- Change main menu [X - Setup Menu] to [X - Exit] in kiosk mode.

COMPLETED - code finished.

-djohng

Edited by djohng

Perhaps someone with some artistic skills or perhaps who knows of alot of pre-existing FBA-XXX skins could sort out a more kiosk-friendly skin than the default one to include in the Pro package for those who wish to use this option.

Something with a nice big screenshot area or some such... I dunno. <_>