FBA-XXX Pro v1.28

+ T +

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because i don't like some games or because some roms don't works, and that's why i wanna an esay and fast way to delete them.

mameox have this feature.

;)

You can do the opposite: do your own favourite game list :D

I can't find this option in FBA :(

Another think, when i go in "DVD Browswer" with no DVD in my xbox, i don't see any rom, it's normal, but after that i don't know how to come back at my rom list of fba, i got my rom list empty, i must delete fba saves to fix this.

So how to go back when you have checked DVD browser ?

I also have an Xbox via Jamma based arcade cabinet (capcom 6 button)

And i want to know some things.

Currently, the buttons is mapped (via an xbox->jamma adapter called MGCD) so i DON'T have the following keys: L & R + both analog sticks and also the back button is missing.

Is it possible to customize the shortcuts so that for exampe Black+White+Start = return to the game select screen?

Another question: the joysticks in my cabinet is mapped so that they trigger a full "analog" press. this makes navigating trough the romlist almost impossible. (even how fast i try to press down, it jumps like 10 roms down...) Is this problem possible to solve (an option that makes it possible to choose if the analog stick should be emulating a digital joystick would be the best thing).

And one more thing:

Is it possible to make FBA-xxx autoload a rom on startup? (edit some.ini file?)

Maybe an special ARCADE STICK profile would be the best option to implement so everybodoy could choose between normal controller and arcade stick / arcade cabinet considered fully digital control :D

Edited by myfreelog

I also have an Xbox via Jamma based arcade cabinet (capcom 6 button)

And i want to know some things.

Currently, the buttons is mapped (via an xbox->jamma adapter called MGCD) so i DON'T have the following keys: L & R + both analog sticks and also the back button is missing.

Is it possible to customize the shortcuts so that for exampe Black+White+Start = return to the game select screen?

Another question: the joysticks in my cabinet is mapped so that they trigger a full "analog" press. this makes navigating trough the romlist almost impossible. (even how fast i try to press down, it jumps like 10 roms down...) Is this problem possible to solve (an option that makes it possible to choose if the analog stick should be emulating a digital joystick would be the best thing).

And one more thing:

Is it possible to make FBA-xxx autoload a rom on startup? (edit some.ini file?)

Have you tried changing the controller settings (both globally & per game?) Each game can be customized with separate ini files.

I think you mean both digital sticks...the analog stick is the cross pad, and if you use the digital stick, the list "flies", whereas the analog stick seem to be able to click through the rom list at a nice slow pace.

This sounds like an issue with the jamma board?..I've never run into this before...I have two different control panels I built for my cabinet, one is like the item you describe above, and I've never experienced this before. I only switched to the x-arcade development board because it offered more choices for controls.

...And loading a rom on startup...I guess some code could be added in the interface or fbaxxx.ini to autoload a rom...not sure why you would want this feature.

...almost same thing as Sammax mentioned in another thread; "kiosk mode" (this could be implemented by adding some code to remove the X button for menu setup...again in the ini file...so little kiddies couldnt mess with it.)

..I have some fairly recent fbaxxx code, that I use for implementing/testing beta games (games not in the current version 1.12)...that I'll add these features to see if the "logic" works...kiosk mode, and autostart game, and submit to +T+ (...unless he beats me to it....which he does most of the time!)

-djohng

Maybe an special ARCADE STICK profile would be the best option to implement so everybodoy could choose between normal controller and arcade stick / arcade cabinet considered fully digital control  :unsure:

There is already an option for xarcade, but the problem is that some ppl, don't have the L & R buttons, other ones black and white and others back button, so how could you mess with that?

Do a special version for 2 ppl?

Isn't the goal of a console version not to mess with these problems and have only a standard configuration?

Also for the autoboot, I ll maybe implant it one day, I just didn't want to add this option to prevent the emu from being sold as a game (for example, you could say that it is a port of kof96 or something else).

..I have some fairly recent fbaxxx code, that I use for implementing/testing beta games (games not in the current version 1.12)...that I'll add these features to see if the "logic" works...kiosk mode, and autostart game, and submit to +T+ (...unless he beats me to it....which he does most of the time!)

Lol. Good to know great minds think alike. :unsure:

I had no plans to implement a 'kiosk' mode since I myself don't have anything like that sort of setup. But if people want it then I'd be happy to add your code to the next build when you have it up and running (with full credit to you of course). :P

As for the autoboot option, it just seems pointless. To me the whole appeal of an emulator like this is to be able to choose from multiple games to play on the emulated hardware. Besides is it really that much work to just highlight a game in the list and press A?

There is already an option for xarcade, but the problem is that some ppl, don't have the L & R buttons, other ones black and white and others back button, so how could you mess with that?

Do a special version for 2 ppl?

Isn't the goal of a console version not to mess with these problems and have only a standard configuration?

Well, only an option to enable/disable fast browsing with the analog stick would be enough for me (to make it work like in the other menus, for example video options, no problem using the joystick there)

Autoboot would be cool since i want to be able to just switch on the machine and then it boots up to my favorite game (or maybe just the last played rom).

Then if i want to change game, i will just do that as usual.

not really a big deal, but it would feel more like the real thing if it jumped into a game instead of the rom-select screen when starting up.

Another useful option would be to have some auto-savestate and auto-load-savestate option. (automatic savestate in the background every 5 mins maybe?) and then load the most recent savestate on starting a rom.

Just so the highscore-lists gets saved, i ALWAYS forget to save... :afro: