FBA-XXX Pro v1.28

+ T +

FBA-XXX Pro v1.14

=============

- Fixed an error made when adding the kiosk code. Y button should be properly disabled now. (thanks to djohng)

- Fixed a small error in the default_kiosk skin. (by djohng)

- Updated supported ROMsets based on the latest FB Alpha Plus. (thanks to Ferchogtx)

- The following sets have been added:

ms6boot

kodb

sf2m1

sf2m2

sf2m3

sf2m8

sf2m13

sf2tlona

sf2tlonb

sf2tlonc

wofh

wofha

wof3js

wof3sj

wof3sja

wofsj

wofsja

wofsjb

Enjoy!

EDIT: For those who wish to know, the ms5pcb ROMs supported in this build are now publically available.

Edited by + T +

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Y" yellow button is disabled...but the "blue" X button is still functioning in the game menu...just need this 1 fix...disable blue button from game menu.

The only thing you should be able to do in kiosk mode is press "A" to start a game and press "right thumb click" to go directly back to games select menu.

Thanx so much again you guys...

Edited by sammaz

In kiosk mode the X button should bring up a menu that only allows you to view the help and credits screens as well as exit the emulator.

I completely concur with djohng's decision to retain access to these screens since they contain important information about the emulator.

In kiosk mode the X button should bring up a menu that only allows you to view the help and credits screens as well as exit the emulator.

I completely concur with djohng's decision to retain access to these screens since they contain important information about the emulator.

All that needs to be done then is to remove "Shutdown Xbox" from that menu...that would do it...should be an easy one i would think...

Thanks again :D

While I don't have that kind of setup myself, I can see the shutdown option being very convenient to people who have their Xbox in a cabinet where the power button might not be so easily accessible.

So again, I would be inclined to agree with djohng's decision to keep this option in kiosk mode.

BTW, just out of interest, am I right in thinking that jgokushi is now the only set in FBA-XXX Pro that isn't publically available (excluding missing XORs)?

Edited by + T +

All that needs to be done then is to remove "Shutdown Xbox" from that menu...that would do it...should be an easy one i would think...

Thanks again :P

Thanks +T+ for releasing the 1.14 so quick today. I was out with clients at the Cleveland Cavs basketball playoffs tonight (in USA)...so I didnt get a chance to review your notes until tonight.

Sammax:

As far as the X blue to the small submenu. I'm keeping this for kiosk since, resizing the screen is important, as well as credits, and shutting down the Xbox, pausing etc., since very few people have your setup...including myself.

Removing the credits, does a dis-service to many of the people who have contributed to the project...which I will never remove in a public version...and it would also contribute to a illegal commercial use of this emulator <_<...enough said.

Your always free to modify the public fbaxxx source to your own personal tastes/cabinet....

-djohng

I completely understand leaving everything as is...its just the 1 area in my cab that has the possibility of stopping play. My whole rig is powered from 1 plug. The xbox is more like an arcade PCB than a console at this point. Hopefully Gogo's release will address my 1 small issue.

Its such a minor point

Thanks djohng and +T+!

Kof MI 2 ps2 going onto my cab now... <_<

....The xbox is more like an arcade PCB than a console at this point.  Hopefully Gogo's release will address my 1 small issue.

Its such a minor point

The point you make about "more like an arcade PCB than a console"...is my personal logic behind including this information (ie. credits, shutting down xbox, etc.) Someone else could utilize this very easily for a commercial arcade machine...I also think Gogoackman would agree on this point...

(if you dont believe me...look at Taito Legends 2 with a hex code reader...this "commercial xbox game" is nothing more than mameox with a fancy interface!!)

...this is also the same reason I did not publicly release the "autoload game" on startup feature... it was an easy feature to code....but it could lead to commercial exploitation...

When, Gogoackman releases his version, you can figure out my kiosk code...since I documented it within the source, and compile your own custom cabinet version.

-djohng