FBA-XXX Pro v1.28

+ T +

The new FBA-XXX Pro package is now available in the usual places (xbins, IRC, etc.) and is complete with XBE so no more patches are required. (though I will also continue to update the patch linked to in the old thread).

Please use this thread for any comments, questions, or bug reports. The information below is taken from the documentation so please read it if you haven't done so already as it addresses many of the most commonly asked questions.

Enjoy. ;)

+ T +

What's New?

===========

- Added all the new and updated Others drivers from FBA 0.2.96.1 (http://www.barryharris.me.uk). These include some entirely new supported games. (see below)

- Fixed Reset Game function.

- Fixed Auto-Bios defaulting to AES.

- Corrected some DAT errors.

- Some minor ROM updates.

- The following sets have been added:

sf2uk

sfach

daisenpu

batsugna

suprmanj

theroes

outzoneb

outzonec

truxton

zerowing

hellfire

hellfir1

hellfir2

gtstarba

afighter

alexkidd

alexkid1

fantzone

quartet

quart2

shinobi

timescan

donpachk

s1945k

cookbib2

cookbib3

moremore

moremorp

3in1semi

toppyrap

twinkle

4in1boot

newsa

solomonj

Enjoy!

FAQs

====

How is this different from FBA-XXX?

---------------------------------------

The main purpose of FBA-XXX Pro is to support the latest and most accurate ROMsets available to the emulation scene. A great many changes and additions have been made to the rather outdated sets supported by the original build, including new parents, new clones, new bootlegs, support for both encrypted and decrypted Neo-Geo sets, as well as the latest CPS and other set updates from MAME. Alot of new code has been added to improve the accuracy of the emulation, there are some minor tweaks and bugfixes to the emulator itself, and a new default skin (a modified version of the excellent Fighter skin by Duracelleur) is included.

Both Romcenter and ClrMAMEPro DATs can also be found in the package so please make use of them to ensure the ROMsets you have are the ones FBA-XXX Pro requires. And don't forget you'll also need the Neo-Geo bios set (neogeo.zip) in your ROMs folder.

Why 'Pro'?

----------

FBA-XXX Pro is so called because it is primarily intended for those who are a little more serious about ROM collecting and/or emulation than perhaps the casual user. The newer ROM dumps required by many of Pro's supported sets can be far more difficult to acquire than the older files found in FBA-XXX. For this reason I would say if you can't find the necessary sets and just want to play the games you would be much better off sticking with the original non-Pro build.

A ROMset is giving me errors but it works fine on another emulator, what's up?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FBA-XXX Pro requires the most up-to-date ROM dumps. Please use the DATs to find out which of the files in your set need updating.

Can I not just use my old sets with FBA-XXX Pro?

------------------------------------------------

Like FBA-XXX, Pro has the option to disable the CRC check on ROMs before loading. This means that providing the files in your set are named correctly you should be able to play from any combination of decrypted ROMs. However this completely defeats the point of using FBA-XXX Pro and this option has only really been left in for testing purposes.

What are all the new sets you say are supported?

------------------------------------------------

You can check the DATs or the included gamelist.txt for a list of all supported ROMsets.

Why can't I reset the game with L+R+White like in FBA-XXX?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Because some users found this combination too easy to press by accident. L+R+Start is the new ROM reset combination.

Why are the game names so long on the ROM list screen?

------------------------------------------------------

If you don't like it you can click the left thumbstick to switch between long and short names. FBA-XXX had this option too but Pro's long names are more complete.

Why isn't "XXXX Super Magic Ultra Plus Hack" supported?

-------------------------------------------------------

FBA-XXX Pro only supports hacks that come from genuine bootleg boards or cartridges. ROM-hacks are deliberately not supported.

I can't find this ROM anywhere. Can you tell me where to get it?

----------------------------------------------------------------

No. So please don't ask.

Coded by

========

+ T +

iq_132

djohng

GogoAckman & Team XXX

TMaul

lantus

Many Thanks to

==============

Thraxen

Iriez

All the coders on the NeoSource boards

Everyone here at the www.1emulation.com forums

Jan Klaasen and the FBA team

Edited by + T +

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+ T + does this version of FBA-XXX Pro has any optimizations for 128MB Xboxes? i'am just curious.

Thanks in advance.

FBA-XXX was optimized to work with 128Mb Xboxes so FBA-XXX Pro should be no different.

i renamed my svcplus romit loaded but its all glitched out.. i renamed the C#.rom files to C#.bin ;) i'll check dats later

All the svc bootlegs now use the correct encrypted C ROMs. The old decrypted ones will no longer work. Please use the DATs to check your ROMs. I cannot stress this enough.

Edited by + T +

+T+ can we still use pack bat on this release to compress the default xbe like the old patch? thanks

I haven't tried it but if it worked with previous builds then it should work just fine with this one. If you try it please let me know the result.

thanks for the update on fba-xxx. it's nice to see this emu still updated. :)

i don't suppose new options will be added? here just a few ideas:

i would love to see a multiable rom directory location option much like mameox/mamedox have.

maybe a favorites screen too?

thank you very much for this update... i've been using fba-xxx pr edition for the longest time... and i don't know why i never updated before? :clapping:

+T+, any chance of future builds including a packed version in the archive?

I'll test it out myself and provided it doesn't cause any problems I'll do so in the next release.

i would love to see a multiable rom directory location option much like mameox/mamedox have.

Actually FBA-XXX Pro already supports multiple ROM directories. I just forgot to add them to the archive (oops). To use them, create the following sub-directories in your roms\ folder:

cps1\

cps2\

ng\

others\

Any sets you put in these folders will also appear in the ROMlist.

i don't suppose new options will be added? here just a few ideas:

FBAXXX already has 8 ROM directories. On your XBox go to the FBAXXX install directory anf look in the "ini" folder. Find the "fbaxxx.ini" file and copy it to your PC. Open it up in a text editor and you should see this section near the top:

szAppRomPaths[0] d:\roms\

szAppRomPaths[1] d:\roms\cps1\

szAppRomPaths[2] d:\roms\cps2\

szAppRomPaths[3] d:\roms\ng\

szAppRomPaths[4] d:\roms\others\

szAppRomPaths[5] d:\emu\roms\

szAppRomPaths[6] d:\emu\roms\cps1\

szAppRomPaths[7] d:\emu\roms\cps2\

Those are all the places FBAXXX scans for ROMS. You can probably just edit one of those paths and then copy the ini file back to the ini folder.

Edited by Thraxen