What age range will you stop being a Gamer?

Diso

When will you stop being a Gamer?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, since i'm already in my 30's, and really haven't slowed down on game playing that much, I think i'll make it into my 40's easily. Hopefully when I have grandkids, I can still be playing video games with them.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love games , but i would love to play games forever... being 17 now , i dunno cause i have school to finish and stuff... also i think games are so much fun (no poop) and eventually i will have to take life more seriously.. like getting a job and i dunno... but

about 30 - 35 i end my reigein of games :P but the memories will last forever :D

@Z-Neo: wow , your story has touched me , xP i wanna play with my grankids.. playing what the future holds :( some real virtual reality

Edited by suvo

i'm sure i'll be a gamer as long as i can but just not as serious since when u becomw an adult, there more important things to do

If you get to the point where you don't have time for your games because of your job, your life is over anyway. Work to live, don't live to work.

I'm out of school and working full time and I still play games. I intend to be playing games against my own kids and then against my grandkids.

lol, this is my story , when i was 2 years old my parents bought a computer for me and my dad , this is when they where crappy computers , but we didnt know that , we didnt know wat the future held , anyway i got this weird shooting game (kiddy one) and litte did i know i was going to do this as one of my main hobbies for life , my mum has video's of me kicking up tantrums over stuffing up games , when i was about 4 or 5 xP lol then i would like play it for almost a whole day :D then i got a snes at about the age of 6 or 7 i cant remember but thats when i got the feel for games :P its so funny i was like glued to the computer at the age of 3 :(

I'm 18.

When I was 7 I played Sonic 3 and Knuckles for an innumerable number of hours.

When I was 9 I played Mortal Kombat 2 for ages and ages and ages.

When I was 11 I caught every Pokemon there was, including getting a Gameshark solely to get Mew.

When I was 12 I played FFVIII for more than 100 hours, killing the Omega Weapon, and maxing all the characters.

When I was 15 I played SFA3 for yonks, and got a whole lot of Lv32 characters.

When I was 16 I played MGS2 and got the Stealth.

When I was 17 I couldn't be bothered finishing SC2 or MKD with even half the characters.

Today I can't even play Warcraft, MGS3 or anything without almost dying of boredom. I get more fun from getting SVC to work on my FBA than actually ever playing it. I go to forums, read reviews sometimes, but never play anything. In fact, I havn't bought a new game in at least year except MGS3, and I don't think that will change in the near future.

I strongly think that by the time I am 20 I won't be interested in playing anything at all. This might be a good thing, but then again I'm missing one of my old hobbies and have nothing but uni work to fill the gap.

Frankly I think that this happening faster than it has for most of you, for whatever reason, is pretty depressing. It's almost as though I'm finding a gap developing in my life that I can't fill with anything. Maybe they just don't make games like they used to. :/ Still...

It's like I grew up in a different era. There were no computers until I was an adult. When the GB appeared I treated it as a kids toy and ignored it. I did collect ancient dos games for a long time, then eventually transferred to emulation. This means I missed out on consoles and handhelds entirely. Now, I'm too busy for serious gaming, only get to test things.