Police Handcuffed 5-Year-Old Girl

Alpha

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - A 5-year-old girl was handcuffed by police after she tore papers off a bulletin board and punched an assistant principal in kindergarten class, according to a video released by a lawyer for the child's mother.

The 30-minute tape shows the child appearing to calm down before three officers pinned her arms behind her back and put on handcuffs as she screamed, "No!"

The camera was rolling March 14 as part of a classroom self-improvement exercise at Fairmount Park Elementary, attorney John Trevena said.

Trevena, who provided the tape to the media this week, said he got it from police.

"The image itself will be seared into people's minds when you have three police officers bending a child over a table and forcibly handcuffing her," said Trevena, who represents the girl's mother, Inga Akins.

Police spokesman Bill Proffitt said an investigation into the matter would be complete in about two weeks and the findings would be made public.

Source: http://beta.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/handcuffed_girl (Watch the Video)

==============

So anyways, I remember punching a mascot or a bug bunny lifesize costume guy or whatever it's called in the face when I was a child. Not a principle though. ;)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what the hell is wrong with kids these days, i mean i'm only 14 and even i think kids these day r stupid and crazy. or is this an American thing??

Where do you dig this stuff up GC? Do you have bots sniffing Google every 5 seconds to find these messed up depictions of life?

Unfortunately, this is the kind of BS that gets reported on in the news here in good ol' America. This one was all over the idiot-box today.

I'm not sure if it's just that this kind of thing happens in America, or that our media loves to report any one-sided, poorly presented "story" that will solicit a knee-jerk reaction from the public.

Edited by Daeval

Where do you dig this stuff up GC? Do you have bots sniffing Google every 5 seconds to find these messed up depictions of life?

Unfortunately, this is the kind of BS that gets reported on in the news here in good ol' America. This one was all over the idiot-box today.

I'm not sure if it's just that this kind of thing happens in America, or that our media loves to report any one-sided, poorly presented "story" that will illicit a knee-jerk reaction from the public.

Yep, it was one of the main stories on the news yesterday. Might have been either a slow news day, or like you said, Daeval, a story brought to the forefront to gain the reaction that I am sure it did. At least the officers didn't offer to shoot the girl.

PWNED. GG.

They should re-introduce The Rack and strap unruly children like that in it. Or the stockade for some public humiliation.

Kids will magically stop flocking around if you put them in one of these.

rack.jpg

;)

But seriously, kids have no respect anymore. I blame the parents for creating such an environment. It would have been funny if she started attacking the police and they tazered her.